Cefditoren pivoxil Chemical Properties
- Melting point:207-209°C
- alpha D20 -48.5° (c = 0.5 in methanol)
- Density 1.55±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Inert atmosphere,Store in freezer, under -20°C
- Merck 14,1921
- CAS DataBase Reference117467-28-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- RTECS XI0367800
Cefditoren pivoxil Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCefditoren pivoxil is an orally active third generation cephalosporin introduced in Japan as a treatment for a broad range of bacterial infections including dermatological and other community acquired infections. Cefditoren pivoxil is reported to have a broad spectrum of activity against both Gram-positive and Gramnegative bacteria, more potent than many other existing agents of its class. In particular, it shows the highest therapeutic activity against S. pneumoniae and S. marcescens infections. It exhibits resistance to β-lactamase hydrolysis typical of third generation cephalosporins. As a prodrug of cefditoren, it is readily absorbed through GI tract and has low toxicity and side effects.
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White Powder
- OriginatorMeiji Seika (Japan)
- UsesAn antibacterial. Third generation cephalosporin
- DefinitionChEBI: The pivaloyloxymethyl ester prodrug of cefditoren.
- Manufacturing ProcessA mixture of THF (250 ml) and water (150 ml) was stirred under inert
atmosphere. At 0°-1°C, 7-amino-3-[(Z)-2-(methyl-5-thiazolyl)vinyl]-3-cephem-4-carboxylic acid (25.0 g) and 2-mercapto-5-phenyl-1,3,4-
oxadiazolyl-(Z)-2-(2-aminothiazol-4-yl)-2-methoxyimino acetate (33.3 g) were
added. Triethylamine (10.5 g) was slowly added to reaction by maintaining the
pH between 7.5 to 8.5. The reaction was monitored by HPLC. After 4-5 hrs.,
the reaction mixture was extracted by methylene chloride. The aqueous layer
is subjected for charcoal (0.125 g) treatment. Ethylacetate was added to the
filtrate and the solution was acidified with diluted HCl at 10°C to pH 3.0. The
solid separated was filtered, washed with water and ethylacetate and then
dried under vacuum at 40-45°C to get 3-[(Z)-2-(4-methyl-5-thiazolyl)vinyl]-7-
carboxylic acid (Cefditoren acid), 35.0 g (yield 90%), HPLC (purity)=96-98%.
In practice it is often used as Cefditoren pivoxil.
- brand nameMeiact
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibiotic
- Antimicrobial activityIt exhibits good activity against staphylococci, streptococci (but not enterococci), H. influenzae and M. catarrhalis, including β-lactamase-producing strains. Isolates of Str. pneumoniae exhibiting reduced susceptibility to penicillin are less susceptible (MIC 0.125–2 mg/L). Most enterobacteria, including many Enterobacter, Citrobacter, Serratia and Proteus spp., are susceptible. It is not active against Ps. aeruginosa, Sten. maltophilia or atypical respiratory pathogens such as Chlamydophila pneumoniae and M. pneumoniae. It is stable to staphylococcal and common enterobacterial β-lactamases.
- PharmacokineticsOral absorption: c. 70%
Cmax 200 mg oral: c. 1.8 mg/L after 1.5–3 h
Plasma half-life: 0.8–1.3 h
Volume of distribution: 9.3 L
Plasma protein binding: 88%
After oral administration the pivaloyl ester is rapidly cleaved by esterases in the gut wall. Ingestion with food improves the bioavailability. Plasma concentrations are raised in elderly patients. There is no accumulation on repeated dosing.
It is excreted unchanged in the urine with a half-life of around 1.5 h, achieving a concentration of 150–200 mg/L within 4 h. Dosage adjustment is recommended in patients with deteriorating renal function.
- Clinical UseIt has been advocated for community-acquired upper and lower respiratory tract infections and skin infections.
- Side effectsIn common with other pivoxil esters it may cause carnitine deficiency. Other side effects are those common to cephalosporins, mainly gastrointestinal disturbance.
- Ceftezole (6R,7R) Cefotetan disodium Flomoxef Sulbactam pivoxil Cefditoren pivoxil JP,Cefditoren pivoxil JP 4-methylthiazole-5-carboxaldehyde (intermediate of cefditoren pivoxil),4-methylthiazole-5-carboxaldehyde (intermediate of cefditoren pivoxil) CEFDITOREN PIVOXIL CEPHALOSPORINS, CEFDITOREN PIVOXIL CEPHALOSPORINS Cefditoren-D3 Sodium Salt Cefditoren Pivoxil oral,Cefditoren Pivoxil oral Cefetamet pivoxyl Cefdinir 4-Methyl-5-vinylthiazole METHYL-2-N-ACETYL CROTANOATE Cefditoren Methyl N,N-dimethylaminoacrylate (6R,7R)-7-Amino-8-oxo-3-(1-propenyl)-5-thia-1-azabicyclo[4.2.0]oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid 7-AVCA
- Company Name:Chengdu BoShi Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.