Cefdinir Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>180°C dec.
- Density 1.89±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Sealed in dry,2-8°C
- solubility dilute HCl: slightly soluble
- pka9.70(at 25℃)
- form solid
- Water Solubility Soluble in water
- Merck 14,1920
- CAS DataBase Reference91832-40-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS XI0367250
- HS Code 2941906000
- ToxicityLD50 orl-rat: >5600 mg/kg IYKEDH 23,93,1992
Cefdinir Usage And Synthesis
- Brand Name(s) in USOmnicef
- DescriptionCefdinir is an orally active, beta-lactamase stable cephalosporin with a broad spectrum of activity. Compared to other oral cephalosporins, cefdinir is more potent against Gram-positive bacteria, especially Staphylococci. Its activity against Gram-negative bacteria such as E.coli,K. pneumoniae and P.mirabilis is similar to cefixime, but superior to cefaclor and cephalexin.
- Chemical PropertiesPale Yellow Solid
- OriginatorFujisawa (Japan)
- UsesA Cephalosporin antibiotic structurally similar to Cefixime
- Usesantihypertensive, ACE inhibitor
- DefinitionChEBI: A cephalosporin compound having 7beta-2-(2-amino-thiazol-4-yl)-2-[(Z)-hydroxyimino]-acetylamino- and 3-vinyl side groups.
- Manufacturing ProcessBy interaction of 7-amino-8-oxo-3-vinyl-5-thia-1-azabicyclo(4.2.0)oct-2-ene-
2-carboxylic acid 4-methoxyphenyl ester with 4-bromoacetyl bromide was
(4.2.0)oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid 4-methoxyphenyl ester. The active
methylene group in that product was then nitrosated with sodium nitrite. The
initial product spontaneously tautomerizes to afford 7-(4-bromo-2-
oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid 4-methoxyphenyl ester. By the reaction of that
compound with thiourea and then with trifluoroacetic acid was obtained
azabicyclo(4.2.0)oct-2-ene-2-carboxylic acid sodium nitrite, (Z)-oxime
(Cefdinir sodium nitrile).
In practice it is usually used as free acid.
Synthesis of 7β-[2-(2-aminothiazol-4-yl)-2-(Z)-(trytiloxyimino)acetamido]-3- vinyl-3-cephem-4-carboxylic acid x p-toluenesulfonic acid x 2 N,N-dimethylacetamide (the precursor of Cefdinir) was described in Patent US 6,093,814.
- brand nameCefzon
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibiotic
- Antimicrobial activityAn oral cephalosporin similar in structure to cefixime, but
with a slightly modified side chain at the 7-amino position.
Activity is similar to that of cefixime, but it is more active,
especially against staphylococci. It is not hydrolyzed
by staphylococcal or the common plasmid-mediated
enterobacterial β-lactamases. An enhancing effect on phagocytosis
has been demonstrated in vitro.
Oral absorption is about 35%. A 200 mg oral dose achieves a plasma concentration of 1 mg/L after c. 3 h. Absorption is reduced after a fatty meal. Concentrations equal to or higher than corresponding plasma levels were present in blister fluid 6–12 h after administration of an oral dose. The plasma halflife is 1.5 h. Protein binding is 60–70%. A total of 12–20% of the dose was excreted in the urine within 12 h, the renal elimination declining with increasing dose. The elimination half-life and peak plasma concentration are increased in renal failure. About 60% of the drug is removed by hemodialysis.
Side effects and uses are those common to oral cephalosporins.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion andintravenous routes. Low toxicity by intraperitoneal andsubcutaneous routes. Experimental reproductive effects.When heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors ofNOx and SOx.
Cefdinir Preparation Products And Raw materials
- TAC / for Cefixime & Cefdinir VBMC inter.for 7AVC,Cefixime cefdinir 7-AVC Inter.for cefixime cefdinir Cefditoren pivoxil YTTERBIUM(III) IONOPHORE I Ceftiolene Cefditoren CEFDINIR-15N2,13C1 Cefixime Cefdinir ALTRENOGEST CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Betaine Silicone rubber,methyl-vinyl Vinyl resin 4-(4-CHLORO-BENZYLOXY)-PHENYLAMINE AMINO ACIDS VINYL PROPIONATE
- Company Name:Wuhan Yuqing Jiaheng Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15926260338 027-83855382-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-