ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Specialty drugs > Radioisotope Drugs > Sodium chromate tetrahydrate
Sodium chromate tetrahydrate
Sodium chromate tetrahydrate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:792℃
- Density 2.73
- form Crystals
- color Yellow
- PHpH (10g/l, 25℃) : 8.0～10.0
- Water Solubility Soluble in water.
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- Merck 14,8601
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong reducing agents, combustible materials, strong acids. Deliquescent.
- CAS DataBase Reference10034-82-9(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSodium chromate(VI), tetrahydrate (10034-82-9)
Sodium chromate tetrahydrate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesyellow deliquescent crystals
- Chemical PropertiesSodium cyanide is found as white granules, flakes or lumps. Sodium cyanide is shipped as pellets or briquettes. Odorless when dry. It absorbs water from air (is hygroscopic or deliquescent). Hydrogen cyanide gas released by sodium cyanide has a distinctive mild, bitter almond odor, but a large proportion of people cannot detect it; the odor does not provide adequate warning of hazardous concentrations.
- Chemical PropertiesSodium chromate, including the hexahydrate, is yellow crystalline solids that can also be used in solution. Disodium dichromate (10588-01-9):
- General DescriptionOdorless bright yellow deliquescent crystals. Aqueous solutions are alkaline.
- Air & Water ReactionsDeliquescent. Water soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileSodium chromate tetrahydrate is a strong oxidizing agent. Incompatible with strong acids . Contact with combustible materials may lead to a fire. Toxic chromium oxide fumes may form in fire [USCG, 1999].
- Fire HazardLiterature sources indicate that Sodium chromate tetrahydrate is nonflammable.
- Potential ExposureUsed to make dyes, inks, pigments, and other chromates; in leather tanning, a corrosion inhibitor in circulating water systems; metal treatment; a drilling mud additive; chemical intermediate for chromium catalysts; colorimetry, oxidizing agent; bleaching agent; an algicide, fungicide, insecticide; in wood preservation.
- ShippingUN3087 Oxidizing solid, toxic, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 5.1; Labels: 5.1-Oxidizer, 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required. UN3085 Oxidizing solid, corrosive, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 5.1; Labels: 5.1-Oxidizer, 8-Corrosive material, Technical Name Required.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the chromate from hot water (0.8mL/g). It is deliquescent.
- IncompatibilitiesSodium cyanide decomposes on contact with acids, acid salts, water, moisture, alcohols, and carbon dioxide, releasing highly toxic and flammable hydrogen cyanide gas. Aqueous solution is a strong base; it reacts violently with acid and is corrosive. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides. Absorbs moisture from the air forming a corrosive syrup. Corrosive to active metals, such as aluminum, copper, and zinc. Under acid conditions, sarin hydrolyzes to form hydrofluoric acid.
- Waste DisposalConsult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices. Generators of waste containing this contaminant (≥100 kg/mo) must conform to EPA regulations governing storage, transportation, treatment, and waste disposal. In accordance with 40CFR165, follow recommendations for the disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers. Must be disposed properly by following package label directions or by contacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office. Add strong alkaline hypochlorite and react for 24 hours. Then flush to sewer with large volumes of water.
Sodium chromate tetrahydrate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- SODIUM DICHROMATE Pigment Yellow 34 Sodium chromate decahydrate Acid Red 186 Sodium benzoate Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid disodium salt sodium Sodium bicarbonate Diclofenac sodium Potassium chromate Kromad SODIUM CHROMATE, HYDROUS SODIUMCHROMITE Sodium chromate tetrahydrate SODIUM CHROMATE ANHYDROUS, EXTRA PURE,Sodium chromate(VI): (Disodium chromate),SODIUM CHROMATE, ANHYDROUS, 98+%,SODIUM CHROMATE SODIUM DICHROMATE ANHYDROUS Sodium chloride Disodium succinate
Sodium chromate tetrahydrateSupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Shanghai Hanhong Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:021-54302127 021-54306202-