ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Natural source of Anti-infectives > Papain
Papain Chemical Properties
- Flash point:29 °C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: soluble1.2mg/mL
- form lyophilized powder
- color almost white
- Water Solubility Soluble in water, insoluble in most organic solvents.
- Merck 7016
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPapain (9001-73-4)
Papain Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiescream to light brown powder
- UsesPapain may cause allergic manifestation .Person handling this material should be protected against inhalation of dust and contact with the skin or eyes.
- UsesFor tenderizing meats; for clearing beverages; for bating skins.
- Usespapain is a papaya enzyme able to dissolve keratin. Papain is used in face masks and peeling lotions as a very gentle exfoliant. It can be irritating to the skin but less so than bromelin, a similar enzyme found in pineapples and also used in cosmetics. It is considered a non-comedogenic raw material.
- UsesPapain is a tenderizer that is a protein-digesting enzyme obtained from the papaya fruit. the enzyme, used in a patented process, is injected into the circulatory system of the live animal and is activated by the heat of cooking to break down the protein, thus tenderizing the beef. the enzyme is inactivated by stomach acids.
- Definitionpapain: A protein-digesting enzymeoccurring in the fruit of the West Indianpapaya tree (Carica papaya). It isused as a digestant and in the manufactureof meat tenderizers.
- brand nameCaroid (Sterling Winthrop).
- General DescriptionPapain (Papase), the dried and purifiedlatex of the fruit of Carica papaya L. (Caricaceae), can digestprotein in either acidic or alkaline media; it is best at a pH between4 and 7 and at 65°C to 90°C. It occurs as light brownishgray to weakly reddish brown granules, or as a yellowishgray to weakly yellow powder. It has a characteristic odor andtaste and is incompletely soluble in water to form an opalescentsolution. The commercial material is prepared by evaporatingthe juice, but the pure enzyme has also been preparedand crystallized. In medicine, it has been used locally in variousconditions similar to those for which pepsin is used. Ithas the advantage of activity over a wider range of conditions,but it is often much less reliable. Intraperitoneal instillation ofa weak solution has been recommended to counteract a tendencyto develop adhesions after abdominal surgery, and severalenthusiastic reports have been made about its value underthese conditions. Papain has been reported to cause allergiesin persons who handle it, especially those who are exposed toinhalation of the powder.
- Safety ProfilePoison by intraperitoneal route. Human systemic effects by ingestion: changes in structure or function of esophagus. Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. An allergen. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx.
- Purification MethodsA suspension of 50g of papain (freshly ground in a mortar) in 200mL of cold water is stirred at 4o for 4hours, then filtered through a Whatman No 1 filter paper. The clear yellow filtrate is cooled in an ice-bath while a rapid stream of H2S is passed through it for 3hours, and the suspension is centrifuged at 2000rpm for 20minutes. Sufficient cold MeOH is added slowly with stirring to the supernatant to give a final MeOH concentration of 70 vol%. The precipitate, collected by centrifugation for 20minutes at 2000rpm, is then dissolved in 200mL of cold water, the solution is saturated with H2S, centrifuged, and the enzyme is again precipitated with MeOH. The process is repeated four times. [Bennett & Niemann J Am Chem Soc 72 1798 1950.] Papain has also been purified by affinity chromatography on a column of GlyGlyTyrArg-agarose [Stewart et al. J Am Chem Soc 109 3480 1986].
Papain Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE PHENYLSELENOL 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE SALCOMINE N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE BENZYL ISOCYANIDE TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Ethyl isocyanoacetate Cupric acetylacetonate COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE Ferric acetylacetonate DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) Tosylmethyl isocyanide COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) Papain
- Company Name:Hebei chuangzhiyuan biotechnology co., LTD Gold
- Tel:13012111162 13012111162
- Company Name:Wuhan DKY Technology Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18007166089 27-81302488-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-