Benzamidine hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:86-88 °C(lit.)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility DMF: 25 mg/ml
DMSO: 25 mg/ml
Ethanol: 10 mg/ml
PBS (pH 7.2): 3 mg/ml
- form Powder
- color White to off-white
- Water Solubility soluble
- BRN 3594959
- CAS DataBase Reference1670-14-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBenzenecarboximidamide, monohydrochloride (1670-14-0)
Benzamidine hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionBenzamidine hydrochloride is a reversible inhibitor of trypsin, trypsin-like enzymes, and serine proteases. A concentration of approximately 1 mM is used for general protease inhibition. To inhibit proteases from yeast, a range of 0.5 to 4.0 mM is used and it is for the most part interchangeable with pepstatin A.
In addition to being a strong competitive inhibitor of trypsin, benzamidine HCl has been also shown to be a strong competitive inhibitor of thrombin and plasmin. It was also found to be as effective as aprotinin in the prevention of glucagon degradation in human plasma.
- Chemical Propertieswhite to off-white powder
- UsesBenzamidine is a reversible inhibitor of serine proteases, including trypsin, plasmin, and thrombin (Kis = 35, 350, and 220 μM, respectively). In addition to its use as a general serine protease inhibitor, benzamidine is used, when immobilized, to purify novel proteases.
- PreparationTo a stainless steel rocking autoclave equipped with a stirrer is added 103.0 gm (1.0 mole) of benzonitrile, 214.0 gm (4.0 mole) of ammonium chloride, and 306.0 gm (18.0 mole) of ammonia is introduced by means of a transfer bomb. The reaction mixture is heated at 150°C for 18 hr (pressure: 1300-6500 psig), cooled, and, with appropriate precautions for the safe control of the excess ammonia, is vented to atmospheric pressure. The reaction mixture is extracted with ether to remove approximately 5% unreacted benzonitrile, and then extracted with hot acetonitrile or ethanol to separate the amidine hydrochloride from the unreacted ammonium chloride. Concentration of the latter affords 120.5 gm (77%) of benzamidine hydrochloride, m.p. 161-163°C.
- Biological ActivityBenzamidine hydrochloride is an reversible competitive inhibitor of trypsin-like serine proteases, with Kis of 97 μM, 21 μM, 20 μM and 110 μM for uPA, trypsin, tryptase and factor Xa, respectively.
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic byintraperitoneal route. When heated to decomposition itemits toxic vapors of NOx, HCl, and Cl-.
- in vitroBenzamidine hydrochloride has weak inhibition for tPA and thrombin, with Kis of 750 μM and 320 μM, respectively.
Benzamidine hydrochloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
Benzyl mercaptan Benzylchloromethyl ether m-aminobenzamidine hydrochloride 4-CHLORO-N'-HYDROXYBENZENECARBOXIMIDAMIDE 4-AMIDINOBENZAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE 3-NITROBENZAMIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE SILICON PHTHALOCYANINE DICHLORIDE Butyramidine hydrochloride Acetamidine hydrochloride Methoxyammonium chloride Pyridine hydrochloride Topotecan hydrochloride Chlorpromazine hydrochloride 4-AMINOAZOBENZENE HYDROCHLORIDE Benserazide hydrochloride Amitraz FORMAMIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE Oxytetracycline hydrochloride
- Company Name:Beijing NuoqiYa Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:4000-819-385 010-62329685 13718666987
- Company Name:yxinchem Gold
- Tel:180717855871 0710-4323688-
- Company Name:Changzhou Tianhua Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18651213286 0519-82891186
- Company Name:Mascot I.E. Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13584504415 0519-85010339-
- Company Name:Sinfachem Limited Gold
- Tel:13801596716 025-84683399