ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organic fluorine compound > Fluorotoluene series > 3-Chlorobenzotrifluoride
3-Chlorobenzotrifluoride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-55.4 °C
- Boiling point:137-138 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.336 g/mL at 25 °C
- refractive index n
- Flash point:97 °F
- Specific Gravity1.336
- Water Solubility <0.1 g/100 mL at 22 ºC
- BRN 510215
- CAS DataBase Reference98-15-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceBenzene, 1-chloro-3-(trifluoromethyl)-(98-15-7)
- EPA Substance Registry System3-Chlorobenzotrifluoride (98-15-7)
3-Chlorobenzotrifluoride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesCLEAR COLOURLESS LIQUID
- UsesIntermediate in manufacturing of dyes and pharmaceuticals, dielectrics, insecticides.
- General DescriptionA water-white liquid with an odor like moth balls. Flash point between 65-108°F. Insoluble in water and denser than water. Toxic by inhalation. Liquid contact may irritate skin and eyes.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. On contact with water 3-Chlorobenzotrifluoride can evolve hydrogen fluoride, a highly toxic and corrosive gas. [AAR, 1999]. Insoluble in water and denser than water.
- Reactivity ProfileSimple aromatic halogenated organic compounds are very unreactive; halogenated aliphatic compounds are moderately or very reactive. For both subgroups, reactivity generally decreases with increased degree of substitution of halogen for hydrogen atoms. Materials in this group are incompatible with strong oxidizing and reducing agents. Also, they are incompatible with many amines, nitrides, azo/diazo compounds, alkali metals, and epoxides.
- HazardModerate fire risk.
- Health HazardMay cause toxic effects if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Inhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardHIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
- Purification MethodsPurify it as for o-chlorobenzotrifluoride above. 20 1.4432. [Beilstein 5 III 692, 5 IV 814.]
3-Chlorobenzotrifluoride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- NORFLUOXETINE HYDROCHLORIDE FLUOXETINE HYDROCHLORIDE N-METHYL-3-CHLOROPROPYLAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 4-Chlorobenzotrichloride Fluoxetine-D5 hydrochloride 3-dimethylamino-1-phenyl-propan-1-ol Meta Fluoxetine Hydrochloride 3-(DIMETHYLAMINO)-1-PHENYLPROPAN-1-ONE N-Methyl-3-phenylpropan-1-aMine hydrochloride (RelCpd B) N-Methyl Fluoxetine Hydrochloride 4-Trifluoromethylphenol 1-Phenyl-2-propen-1-one Fluoxetine Impurity 29 Fluoxetine Succinamic Acid 1-Propanone,3,3'-(methylimino)bis[1-phenyl-, hydrochloride Carbamic acid, N-[3-(4-iodophenoxy)-3-phenylpropyl]-N-methyl-, 1,1-dimethylethyl ester (4-hydroxy-1-methyl-4-phenyl-3-piperidyl)-phenyl-methanone ALPHA-METHYLBENZYL ALCOHOL
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-
- Company Name:Wuhan Chemwish Technology Co., Ltd