Cyanuric acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:360 °C
- Boiling point:74 °C
- Density 1.56
- vapor pressure <0.0001 Pa (25 °C)
- refractive index 1.4500 (estimate)
- storage temp. 0-6°C
- solubility Soluble in sulfuric acid, dimethylformamide, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide and diemthyl sulfoxide. Slightly soluble in acetone, benzene, diethyl ether, ethanol and hexane. Insoluble in cold methanol, benzene and chloroform.
- pka6.88, 11.40, 13.5(at 25℃)
- form Crystalline Powder or Lumps
- color White to light beige
- PH3.8-4.0 (H2O, 20℃)(saturated solution)
- Water Solubility 0.3 g/100mL (25 ºC)
- Merck 14,2698
- BRN 126982
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference108-80-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1,3,5-Triazine-2,4,6(1H,3H,5H)-trione(108-80-5)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemCyanuric acid (108-80-5)
- Hazard Codes
- HS Code 29339900
- Hazardous Substances Data108-80-5(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 orally in rats: >5.00 g/kg (Canelli)
Cyanuric acid Usage And Synthesis
- Uses1.Used as ultraviolet absorbent for plastic film.
2.Used as chemical reagent, also used in organic synthesis.
3.Mainly used in the production of new bleaching agent, disinfectant, water treatment agent and resin, paint and metal cyanide corrosion inhibitor, etc.
4.Used for the synthesis of chloro derivatives, trichloroisocyanuric acid, dichloro isocyano uric acid sodium or potassium; used for synthesizing cyanuric acid-formaldehyde resin, epoxy resin, antioxidant, coatings, adhesives, pesticides, herbicides, metal cyanide inhibitor and polymer modifier; used in the manufacture of halotrizinol.
- Methods of productionIt is obtained by the polymerization of urea. Mixed urea and ammonium chloride, heating and melting, stirring and temperature to 210℃, solution thickened, warming up to 230℃, melting gradually solidified, stir fry evenly, continue to heat up to 250℃, thermal insulation for 15 min, cold to 100℃, adding a small amount of water immersion and down to room temperature in water soaking crushed, filtered solids. The water and hydrochloric acid are added into the solid, stirring and heating to 110 ℃, insulation for 3 h, supplementing with hydrochloric acid and water, cooling to 30 ℃, and washing to neutral, filter, filter cake with water washing and drying to obtain the product. The product purity is ≥95%, consumption of urea 1200kg per ton of product.
- Chemical Propertieswhite powder
- UsesDiagnostic determination of Melamine and related compounds in kidney tissue.
- UsesConvenient lab source of cyanic acid gas. In preparation of melamine, sponge rubber, herbicides, dyes, resin, antimicrobial agents. As stabilizer and disinfectant in swimming pool water.
- UsesCyanuric acid is used in chemical synthesis (see Section 31.0), as an intermediate for chlorinated bleaches, as a selective herbicide, and as a whitening agent. The parent compound and salts, chlorinated salts, and chlorinated acids are used to disinfect swimming pools, restaurants, and barns. Chlorinated salts hydrolyze in water to form cyanurate and hypochlorous acid. Other monomeric isocyanurates (e.g., triallyl cyanurate) are used as cross-linking components for producing polyurethanes, polyesters, and alkyd resins. Tris (2-hydroxyethyl)isocyanurate is used in wire lacquers. Cyanuric acid is produced in the United States.
- Definitioncyanuric acid: A white crystallinewater-soluble trimer of cyanic acid,(HNCO)3. It is a cyclic compound havinga six-membered ring made of alternatingimide (NH) and carbonyl(CO) groups (i.e. three -NH-C(O)-units). It can also exist in a phenolicform (three -N=C(OH)- units).
- Production MethodsCyanuric acid is an odorless, crystalline powder. Chlorinated isocyanuratesareusuallypreparedbycontrolledchlorinationof the sodium or potassium salts of cyanuric acid. Other monomeric isocyanurates made from the parent compound include tris(2-hydroxyethyl)isocyanurate and triallyl cyanurate.
- DefinitionChEBI: The keto tautomer of cyanuric acid.
- General DescriptionCrystals.
- Air & Water ReactionsSoluble in hot water [Hawley].
- Reactivity ProfileAn amide and amine. Organic amides/imides react with azo and diazo compounds to generate toxic gases. Flammable gases are formed by the reaction of organic amides/imides with strong reducing agents. Amides are very weak bases (weaker than water). Imides are less basic yet and in fact react with strong bases to form salts. That is, they can react as acids. Mixing amides with dehydrating agents such as P2O5 or SOCl2 generates the corresponding nitrile. The combustion of these compounds generate mixed oxides of nitrogen (NOx)
- Purification MethodsIt crystallises from water. Dry it at room temperature in a desiccator in a vacuum. [Beilstein 26 III/IV 632.]
Cyanuric acid Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsChloroacetoneMetribuzinSodium dichloroisocyanurateTrichloroisocyanuric acidTris(3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxybenzyl) isocyanurate1,3,5-Tris(2-hydroxyethyl)cyanuric acid1,3,5-Triglycidyl isocyanurate DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACIDTYCOR (TM)1,3-Dichloro-1,3,5-triazinetrione,sodium salt1,3,5-Tri-2-propenyl-1,3,5-triazine-2,4,6(1H,3H,5H)-trione
- Raw materialsSulfuric acid Ammonium chloride Urea
- 2-Pyrrolidinecarbonitrile,1-acetyl-,(2S)-(9CI) Dichloroacetyl chloride Vildagliptin Impurity 25 Vildagliptin Impurity 6 1-Adamantanol Vildagliptin IMpurity 2 (Mixture of DiastereoMers) N-acetic acid-1-aMino-3-adaMantanol Vildagliptin Impurity 19 Amantadine 1,3,5,7-tetrahydroxyadamantane L-Proline, 4-chloro-, trans- 2-Pyrrolidinecarboxamide,1-(hydroxyacetyl)-,(S)-(9CI) Vildagliptin Carboxylic Acid Vildagliptin iMpurity A-F 3-Amino-1-hydroxyadamantane cis-cyclo(Pro-Pro) 1,3-Dihydroxyadamantane methyl D-prolinate
- Company Name:Liyang Ruipu New Materials Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Weifang YuKai Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:13953637678 536-8865335
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-