DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID Chemical Properties
- Melting point:226.4-226.7 °C
- Density 1.8400 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6100 (estimate)
- Stability:Oxidant - may ignite combustible material.
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDichloro-s-triazinetrione (2782-57-2)
DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite crystalline powder
- Chemical PropertiesWhite, crystalline solid, powder, or granules. Chlorine odor.
- UsesAnti-infective, topical.
- General DescriptionDichloroisocyanuric acid, solid is a white crystalline solid with an odor of chlorine. The material itself is noncombustible but if contaminated with a combustible material ignition can result. DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID will accelerate the burning of combustible materials. Contact with ammonium compounds or hydrated salts can cause a very vigorous chemical reaction. DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID may vigorously react with small quantities of water releasing chlorine gas. Prolonged exposure to fire or heat of the material may result in the vigorous decomposition of the material and the rupturing of its containers. Material containing less than 39 percent available chlorine will undergo reactions as described above though DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID may be longer to initiate and the resulting reaction may not be as vigorous. DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID is used as a dry bleach in household cleaning compounds and swimming pool disinfectants.
- Air & Water ReactionsDICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID may vigorously react with small quantities of water releasing chlorine gas.
- Reactivity ProfileDICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID is slightly hygroscopic and is unstable in the presence of DMSO. This is an oxidizing material; DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID may ignite organic compounds with which DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID comes in contact.
- Health HazardInhalation, ingestion or contact (skin, eyes) with vapors or substance may cause severe injury, burns or death. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution.
- Fire HazardThese substances will accelerate burning when involved in a fire. Some may decompose explosively when heated or involved in a fire. May explode from heat or contamination. Some will react explosively with hydrocarbons (fuels). May ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may create fire or explosion hazard.
- Agricultural UsesBiocide, Water treatment chemical: Used in disinfectants and cleaning solution in domestic products and in food-processing plants. Registered because there are many products that contain this chemical.
- Trade nameACL 70®; CDB 60®; FI CLOR 71®; HILITE 60®; ORCED®; TROCLOSENE®
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion. Human systemic effects by ingestion: ulceration or bleeding from stomach. Autopsy findings include gastrointestinal tract irritation, tissue edema, liver and kidney congestion. A severe eye and skin irritant. When heated to decomposition it emits chlorides and carbon monoxide.
- Potential ExposureThis triazinetrione biocide, and water treatment chemical used in disinfectants and cleaning solution in domestic products and in food processing plants
- ShippingUN2465 Dichloroisocyanuric acid, dry, or Dichloroisocyanuric acid salts., Hazard Class: 5.1; Labels: 5.1-Oxidizer. It is a marine pollutant and environmentally hazardous substance.
- IncompatibilitiesA strong oxidizer and chlorinating compound. Violent reaction with organic and flammable materials. Contact with materials containing nitrogen, such as ammonia, ammonium salts, or urea, may be violent and form highly explosive nitrogen trichloride. Contact with water forms hypochlorous acid and evolves extremely dense and noxious fumes of chlorides; chlorine gas. Triazine compounds are incompatible with oxidizers, acids, acid chlorides, acid halides, isocyanates, halogenated organics, peroxides, phenols (acidic), epoxides, and anhydrides. Contact with strong reducing agents such as hydrides may generate explosive a flammable gas
- Waste DisposalRecycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Generators of waste containing this contaminant (≧100 kg/mo) must conform with EPA regulations governing storage, transportation, treatment, and waste disposal. Incineration with effluent gas scrubbing is recommended. Containers must be disposed of properly by following package label directions or by contacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material’s impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations
DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 1-Bromo-3-chloro-5,5-dimethylhydantoin NA NA DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID SODIUM SALT (DRY WT.), WATER < 3%,Dichloroisocyanuric acid sodium salt, 97%(dry wt.), water <3%,dichloroisocyanuric acid salts,DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID SODIUM,DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID, SODIUM SALT, 9 6%,DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID SODIUM SALT,DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID NA SALT Trichloroisocyanuric acid Dichloroisocyanuric acid, potassium salt DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID Penta-s-triazinetrione LABOTEST-BB LT00138130 URIC ACID SODIUM SALT Cyanuric acid URIC ACID DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID SOD DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID SODIUM SALT DIHYDRATE,Dichloroisocyanuric acid dihydrate sodium salt SODIUM DICHLOROISOCYANURIC ACID
- Company Name:Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Aikon International Limited
- Tel:18068836627 025-58859352-
- Company Name:Foshan DaoQi Biological Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Wuhan Mengqi Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:15871702139 027-83232706-
- Company Name:Dayang Chem (Hangzhou) Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:17705817739 +86-571-88938639