ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Hormones and the Endocrine System > Adrenal corticosteroids > Betamethasone 21-phosphate disodium
Betamethasone 21-phosphate disodium
Basic information Indications and Usage Mechanisms of Action Contraindications Category Toxicity level Acute toxicity Flammability Storage and transport Extinguishing agents Safety Related Supplier
Betamethasone 21-phosphate disodium Chemical Properties
- alpha +98.0～+104.0°(D/20℃)(c=1,H2O) (calculated on the dehydrous basis)
- solubility Freely soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol (96 per cent), practically insoluble in methylene chloride.
- form neat
- PH7.5～9.0(5g/l, 25℃)
- Merck 14,1180
- EPA Substance Registry System.beta.-Methasone disodium phosphate (151-73-5)
Betamethasone 21-phosphate disodium Usage And Synthesis
- Indications and UsageBetamethasone Sodium Phosphate, also called Bentelan, Betnesol, betamethasone phosphate, and celestone phosphate, is an adrenal cortex hormone, an isomer of dexamethasone with the same effects as prednisolone and dexamethasone.
It is mainly used against inflammation and allergies. Its effects are the same as those of dexamethasone, and its anti-inflammatory effects are stronger than dexamethasone, prednisone, and cortisone, with fewer side effects. It is used to treat active rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, severe bronchial asthma, severe dermatitis, acute leukemia, allergic dermatitis, eczema, neurodermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, pruritis, and comprehensively treat some infections.
- Mechanisms of ActionBetamethasone sodium phosphate has pharmacological effects in treating inflammation, rheumatism, allergies, and immunosuppressive conditions. Its anti-inflammatory effects are stronger than those of dexamethasone, triamcinolone, and hydrocortisone. It can reduce and prevent tissue response to inflammation, partly eliminating non-infectious inflammation caused by fever, redness, and swelling, thereby reducing the presence of swelling. The anti-inflammatory effects of 0.3 mg of betamethasone sodium phosphate are comparable to those of 0.75 mg of dexamethasone, 5 mg of prednisone, or 25 mg of cortisone. Its sodium retention effects are more than a hundred times those of cortisone. In case of primary adrenal hypofunction, together with corticosteroids, it can be used to replace treatment or prevention, or inhibit of cellular immune response, delay allergic reaction, and reduce the extension of the primary immune response, suitable for low renin and low aldosterone syndrome and orthodontic hypotension caused by autonomic neuropathy.
- ContraindicationsNot for use by those with a history of serious mental illness, active duodenum, gastric ulcers, recent gastrointestinal anastomosis, serious osteoporosis, pronounced diabetes, or serious high blood pressure, viruses which cannot be treated by antibiotics, bacterial of fungal infection, thrombophlebitis, or infectious skin diseases such as impetigo, tinea corporis, or tinea cruris.
- Toxicity levelMedium
- Acute toxicityOral administration - mice LD50: >4500 mg/kg
- FlammabilityFlammable; produces toxic fluoride fumes
- Storage and transportStore in a cool, ventilated, and dry place
- Extinguishing agentsDry powder, foam, sand, carbon dioxide, mist
- Chemical PropertiesWhite or almost white powder, very hygroscopic.
- UsesAn anti-inflammatory agent
- UsesA Betamethasone
- Usesantiinflammatory, glucocorticoid
- UsesNasal, Ophthalmic, Oral, Parenteral
- DefinitionChEBI: An organic sodium salt that is the disodium salt of betamethasone phosphate.
- brand nameCelestone (Schering).
- Safety ProfileModerately toxic by ingestion andother routes. An experimental teratogen. Otherexperimental reproductive effects. When heated todecomposition it emits toxic fumes of F??, POx and Na2O.
- ALLYL METHYL ETHER Methallyl alcohol METHYLCYCLOPENTADIENE DIMER Trisodium phosphate Methylprednisolone Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid disodium salt Betamethasone 21-acetate Betamethasone 17-valerate Zinc phosphate phosphate N,N-Dimethylallylamine Tylosin phosphate Triethyl phosphate Disodium monofluorophosphate Fluorine Methyl cyclopentenolone Disodium succinate Betamethasone
Betamethasone 21-phosphate disodiumSupplierMore
- Company Name:Hubei widely chemical technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18627915365 027-83989310-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:LGM Pharma