ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Antifungal Drugs > Naftifine
Naftifine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:177 °C
- Boiling point:bp0.015 torr 162-167°
- Density 1.082±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Merck 6355
- CAS DataBase Reference65472-88-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- HS Code 29214990
Naftifine Usage And Synthesis
- OriginatorNaftifine,Sandoz (Novartis)
- UsesNaftifine (Naftin) is a synthetic allylamine derivative topical antifungal agent that works by blocking squalene 2,3-epoxidase, resulting in increased cell membrane permeability and cell death. It is structurally and pharmacologically related to terbinafine. It also has some antiinflammatory properties that may be due to its ability to alter chemotaxis by polymorphonucleocytes. It is most effective against dermatophytes, moderately active against molds, and less active against yeasts, including C. albicans.
- UsesNaftifine is only permitted to be used externally and only superficially as a drug with a broad spectrum of action against dermatophytes and candida infections. According to the initial data, it exceeds the activity of econazole. Moreover, it does not have a locally irritating effect. It is believed that the fungicide activity of this drug is based on its ability to inhibit the fungal enzyme squalene epoxidase, thus lowering the concentration of ergosterol. The corresponding enzyme in mammals is inhibited significantly less. Synonyms of this drug are exoderil, naftin, and others.
- DefinitionChEBI: A tertiary amine in which the nitrogen is substituted by methyl, alpha-naphthylmethyl, and (1E)-cinnamyl groups. It is used (usually as its hydrochloride salt) for the treatment of fungal skin infections.
- IndicationsNaftifine (Naftin) is a synthetic allylamine derivative topical antifungal agent that works by blocking squalene 2,3-epoxidase, resulting in increased cell membrane permeability and cell death. It is structurally and pharmacologically related to terbinafine. It also has some antiinflammatory properties that may be due to its ability to alter chemotaxis by polymorphonucleocytes. It is most effective against dermatophytes, moderately active against molds, and less active against yeasts, including C. albicans.
- Manufacturing ProcessTo a mixture of 1.42 g of methyl-(1-naphthylmethyl)amine hydrochloride,
2.89 g of sodium carbonate and 10 ml of dimethylformamide is added, at
room temperature, 1.25 g of cinnamyl chloride, dropwise. After 18 hours
stirring, at room temperature, the mixture is filtered and the filtrate is
evaporated in vacuo. The residue is dissolved in toluene and, after drying over
sodium sulphate, evaporated to obtain the trans-N-(cinnamylmethyl)-Nmethyl-(1-naphthylmethyl)amine compound, boiling point 162-167°C/0.015
The free base may be converted, with isopropanolic hydrogen chloride solution, into the hydrochloride form, melting point 177°C (from propanol).
- brand nameNaftin (Merz).
- Therapeutic Function Antifungal
- Synthesis Reference(s)Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 29, p. 112, 1986 DOI: 10.1021/jm00151a019
Tetrahedron Letters, 25, p. 2535, 1984 DOI: 10.1016/S0040-4039(01)81224-7
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsA topical antifungal used as a 1% cream for the treatment of dermatophytoses, including tinea pedis, tinea corporis and tinea cruris.
- Clinical UseNaftifine was the first allyl amine to be discovered and marketed. It is subject to extensive first-pass metabolism to be orally active and, consequently, is only available in topical preparations. The widest use of naftifine is against various tinea infections of the skin.
- Chemical SynthesisNaftifine, (E)-N-methyl-N-(3-phenyl-2-propenyl)-1-naphthalinmethanamine
(35.3.1), is synthesized by alkylating N-methyl-(1-naphthylmethyl)-amine with cinnamyl
chloride in the presence of sodium carbonate.
Naftifine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Methacrylamide Methacryloyl chloride Bensulfuron methyl METSULFURON METHYL Methacrolein Naftifine-N-methyl-D3, HCl Salt NAFTIFINE HCL USP(CRM STANDARD) Naftifine Hydrochloride USP Naftifine-d3 Hydrochloride Naftifine Naftifine hyrdrochloride,NAFTIFINE HYDROCHLORIDE,NAFTIFINE HCL Methyl 2-METHYL-2-PROPENE-1-SULFONIC ACID SODIUM SALT DIPHENYLCYCLOPROPENONE Butenafine hydrochloride 1-Phenyl-2-nitropropene PHENYL VALERATE 1-Methyl-aminomethyl naphthalene
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Shanghai Longsheng chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:13585536065 021-58099652-8005
- Company Name:BOC Sciences