Potassium lactate Chemical Properties
- WGK Germany -
Potassium lactate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionPotassium lactate is a compound with formula KC3H5O3, or H3C-CHOH-COOK. It is the potassium salt of lactic acid. It is produced by neutralizing lactic acid which is fermented from a sugar source. It has E number "E326". Potassium lactate is a liquid product that is usually 60% solids but is available at up to 78 % solids.
Potassium lactate is commonly used in meat and poultry products to extend shelf life and increase food safety as it has a broad antimicrobial action and is effective at inhibiting most spoilage and pathogenic bacteria.
Potassium lactate is also used as an extinguishing media in the First Alert Tundra fire extinguishers.
- UsesPotassium Lactate is a flavor enhancer that is the potassium salt of lactic acid. it is a hygroscopic, white, odorless solid and is prepared commercially by the neutralization of lactic acid with potassium hydroxide. it is used as a flavoring agent and enhancer in some meat and poultry products, a humectant, and a ph control agent.
Potassium lactate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsPotassium hydroxide
- FERRIC POTASSIUM TARTRATE Potassium bisaccharate Potassium lactate phosphoric acid LACTATE CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Potassium sulfate POTASSIUM CYANIDE LACTICACIDBACTERIA Propionic acid Potassium EC 184.108.40.206 POLYLACTIC ACID Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate Potassium persulfate Losartan potassium Calcium lactate Potassium sorbate
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Chengdu XiYa Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Beijing HuaMeiHuLiBiological Chemical
- Company Name:Cheng Du Micxy Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Company Name:Beijing Universal Century Technology Co., Ltd.