ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Inorganic acid Esters > Tris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate
Tris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-70°C
- Boiling point:215 °C4 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 0.92 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure 2.1 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility <0.001g/l
- form Liquid
- Specific Gravity0.93
- PH7 (H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility <0.1 g/100 mL at 18 ºC
- BRN 1715839
- CAS DataBase Reference78-42-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2-Ethylhexanol phosphate (3:1)(78-42-2)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate (78-42-2)
Tris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesTris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate, a clear, viscous liquid, is used as a component of vinyl stabilizers, grease additives, and flame-proofing compositions; however, it is used primarily as a plasticizer for vinyl plastic and synthetic rubber compounds.
Tris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate has been employed as a specialty flameretardant plasticizer for vinyl compositions where low temperature flexibility is critical, eg, in military tarpaulins. It can be included in blends with general purpose plasticizers such as phthalate esters to improve low temperature flexibility.
- UsesSolvent, antifoaming agent, plasticizer.
- General DescriptionClear colorless to pale yellow liquid with a slight sharp odor. Insoluble in water; Soluble in alcohol, acetone, and ether. Combustible.
- Reactivity ProfileTris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate is incompatible with oxidizing materials. Tris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate may soften or deteriorate certain plastics and elastomers. Tris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate is incompatible with cellulose acetate and cellulose acetate butyrate.
- HazardToxic by ingestion and inhalation.
- Purification MethodsTEHP, in an equal volume of diethyl ether, is shaken with aqueous 5% HCl, and the organic phase is filtered to remove traces of pyridine (used as a solvent during manufacture) as its hydrochloride. This layer is shaken with aqueous Na2CO3, then water, and the ether is distilled off at room temperature. The ester is then filtered, dried for 12hours at 100o/15mm, and again filtered, then shaken intermittently for 2days with activated alumina (100g/L). It is decanted through a fine sintered-glass disc (with exclusion of moisture), and distilled under vacuum. [French & Muggleton J Chem Soc 5064 1957.] *Benzene can be used as a solvent (to give 0.4M solution) instead of ether. IR (): 1702, 1701, 481 and 478cm -1 [Bellamy & Becker J Chem Soc 475 1952]. The uranyl nitrate salt is purified by partial crystallisation from hexane [Siddall & Dukes J Am Chem Soc 81 790 1959, Siddall J Am Chem Soc 81 4176 1959]. [Beilstein 1 IV 1786.]
Tris(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Triphenyl phosphate Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate Diisooctyl phthalate Sodium Phosphate Monobasic Monohydrate Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phosphate Creatine phosphate ETHYL PHOSPHATE (2-ETHYLHEXYL) PHOSPHATE PHOSPHOROUS ACID TRIOCTYL ESTER phosphate ISO-OCTYL METHACRYLATE Cefuroxime 1-acetoxyethyl ester Clindamycin phosphate triphosphate Diisooctyl maleate Triethylsilane 2-Ethylhexyl nitrate SULPHOSUCCINIC ACID ESTER
- Company Name:Luoyang sannuo chemical co., ltd Gold
- Tel:15637986227 0379-67517919-
- Company Name:Jobachem Suzhou Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Henan Vocas Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18537671377 185-3767-1377
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-