ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Carboxylic acids and derivatives > Carboxylic acid esters and derivatives > 2-Ethylhexyl acrylate
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-90°C
- Boiling point:215-219 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.885 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 6.4 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 0.15 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:175 °F
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility 0.1g/l
- form Liquid
- color Clear
- OdorEster like odour
- explosive limit0.9-6.0%(V)
- Water Solubility <0.1 g/100 mL at 22 ºC
- BRN 1765828
- Stability:Stability Stable, but polymerizes readily, so is usually inhibited with hydroquinone or its monomethyl ether. Susceptible to hydrolysis. Combustible. Incompatible with oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference103-11-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference2-Propenoic acid, 2-ethylhexyl ester(103-11-7)
- IARC2B (Vol. 60, 122) 2019
- EPA Substance Registry System2-Ethylhexyl acrylate (103-11-7)
- Hazard Codes Xi
- Risk Statements 37/38-43
- Safety Statements 36/37-46
- RIDADR UN 3334
- WGK Germany 1
- RTECS AT0855000
- F 10-23
- Autoignition Temperature496 °F
- TSCA Yes
- HS Code 29161290
- Hazardous Substances Data103-11-7(Hazardous Substances Data)
- ToxicityLD50 orally in Rabbit: 4435 mg/kg LD50 dermal Rabbit 7522 mg/kg
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate Usage And Synthesis
- Description2-Ethylliexyl aerylate was contained in a surgieal tape and caused allergic contact dermatitis in a patient.
- Chemical Propertieslight yellow liquid
- Chemical Properties2-Ethylhexyl acrylate is a combustible, colorless liquid with a pleasant odor
- UsesMonomer for plastics, protective coatings, paper treatment, water-based paints.
- UsesAs a plasticizing co-monomer for the production of resins used in adhesives, latex, paints, textile and leather finishes, and coatings for paper
- Uses2-ethylhexyl acrylate is a monomer for plastics, protective coating, paper treatment, water-based paints, UV-curable coatings, and inks; in so me acrylicbased adhesive tapes.
- General DescriptionA clear colorless liquid with a pleasant odor. Less dense than water and insoluble in water. Vapors heavier than air. Flash point 180°F. Used in making of paints and plastics.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity Profile2-Ethylhexyl acrylate polymerizes readily in the presence of heat and light generating much heat; reacts with strong oxidants. REF [Handling Chemicals Safely, 1980. p. 235].
- HazardQuestionable carcinogen.
- Health HazardInhalation of concentrated vapor causes drowsiness and convulsions. Liquid causes irritation of eyes and may irritate skin on prolonged exposure. Ingestion produces same symptoms as inhalation.
- Fire HazardBehavior in Fire: Heat can result in a severe polymerization with rapid release of energy. Sealed containers may rupture explosively if hot.
- Potential ExposureA potential danger to those involved in the use of this monomer as a feedstock for chemical syntheses; in the manufacture of plastics; protective coatings, including water-based paints; in paper treatment; the production of emulsion polymers.
- IncompatibilitiesUnless inhibited, sunlight, heat, contaminants, or peroxides can cause dangerous polymerization. Vapors are uninhibited and may polymerize, blocking vents. Violent reaction with strong oxidizers, with risk of fire and explosions. May form explosive mixture with air. Incompatible with strong acids; aliphatic amines; alkanolamines.
- Waste DisposalSpray into incinerator with added flammable solvent.
2-Ethylhexyl acrylate Preparation Products And Raw materials
Isobornyl acrylate Ethyl acrylate tert-Butyl acrylate Acrylic acid Methyl acrylate Butyl acrylate ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER TEA-ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER STYRENE/ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/LAURYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER Vinylidene chloride, vinyl chloride, 2-ethylhexyl acrylate, acrylicacid polymer Cefuroxime 1-acetoxyethyl ester Propenoic acid anion Acrylic polyurethane paint 2-Ethylhexyl nitrate ISO-OCTYL METHACRYLATE TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILYL) PHOSPHATE
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 400-62063333-1
- Company Name:Shenzhen noadia chemical technology co., ltd Gold
- Company Name:Wuxi tomorrow Chemical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15949267094 0510-80776682-
- Company Name:Jinan Yuanxiang Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18853181302 0531-18853181-302
- Company Name:Shandong kejian chemical co., ltd Gold