ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Pharmaceutical Impurity Reference Standards > Pleuromulin
Pleuromulin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:170-1710C
- alpha D24 +20° (c = 3 in abs ethanol)
- Boiling point:482.8±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.15±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility DMSO: >10mg/mL (warmed)
- form powder
- color white to beige
- optical activity[α]/D +30 to +40° (c=1; CH2Cl2)
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS MC5408000
- ToxicityLD50 in mice: >60 mg/kg (Kavanagh, 1952)
Pleuromulin Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesPleuromulin is Crystalline Solid
- UsesAntibiotic substance produced by the basidiomycetes Pleurotus mutilus
- UsesPleuromutilin is a diterpene produced by several species of basidomycete, notably the genus Pleurotus, discovered in 1951. Pleuromutilin is a potent and highly selective antibiotic active against a range of Gram positive bacteria, with no cross resistance to existing antibiotic classes due to its unique mode of action. Pleuromutilin inhibits protein synthesis by binding to domain V of 23S rRNA and this has led to the development of many semi-synthetic analogues as new generation antibiotics, such as tiamulin and retapamulin.
Pleuromutilins such as tiamulin and valnemulin have been used for some time in veterinary medicine to treat swine infections. More recently a semisynthetic pleuromutilin, retapamulin, has been introduced as a topical treatment for Gram-positive infections in humans. Pleuromutilins inhibit the peptidyl transferase activity of the bacterial 50S ribosomal subunit by binding to the A site.
- Company Name:Hubei Xinyuanshun Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:027-50664929 / 13971561712
- Company Name:Wuhan Dingxintong Pharmaceutical Co. , Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17720532645 027-83984790-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.