ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Catalyst and Auxiliary > UV absorbers > 2-Phenylbenzimidazole-5-sulfonic acid
2-Phenylbenzimidazole-5-sulfonic acid Chemical Properties
- Melting point:300 °C
- Density 1.3592 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6360 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility ethanol and water: soluble ((as sodium salt))
- form Fine Crystalline Powder
- color White
- Water Solubility soluble
- Merck 14,3593
- BRN 922664
- CAS DataBase Reference27503-81-7(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System1H-Benzimidazole-5-sulfonic acid, 2-phenyl- (27503-81-7)
2-Phenylbenzimidazole-5-sulfonic acid Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite fine crystalline powder
- Usesensulizole is one of the chemical names for phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid. used as a sunscreen ingredient and also to protect a product from deterioration caused by uV light.
- Usesphenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid (2-phenyl-5-benzimidazolesulfonic acid; 2-phenylbenzimidazole-5-sulfonic acid, ensulizole) is one of 21 FDA-approved sunscreen chemicals for uVB absorption. It has an approved usage level of up to 4 percent in the united States and up to 8 percent in the european union. When combined with a proper base, it becomes a water-soluble sunscreen. It exhibits a very effective use level versus SPF relationship when compared to other sunscreen chemicals. In addition, when combined with other uVB absorbers, it seems to significantly boost SPF. It can also help protect a product from deterioration when exposed to uV light. Also considered excellent for use in clear sunscreen gels.
- UsesPhenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid or ensulizole is a water-soluble UVB absorber that can be utilized in the water phase of emulsion systems, in contrast to most oil-soluble sunscreen ingredients, allowing for a less greasy, more aesthetically pleasing formulation such as a daily use moisturizer containing sunscreen. Phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid boosts the SPF of organic and inorganic sunscreens. It can also be used in clear gels owing to its water solubility.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009