Hydroxylated Lecithin Chemical Properties
Hydroxylated Lecithin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionHydroxylated lecithin is derived from a complex mixture of acetone-insoluble phosphatides from soybean and other plant lecithins, consisting chiefly of phosphatidyl choline, phosphatidyl ethanolamine, and phosphatidyl inositol, as well as other minor phospholidpids and glycolipids mixed with varying amount of triglycerides, fatty acids, sterols, and carbohydrates. The mixture is treated with hydrogen peroxide, benzoyl peroxide, lactic acid, and sodium hydroxide, or with hydrogen peroxide, acetic acid, and sodium hydroxide, to produce a hydroxylated product having an iodine value approximately 10% lower than that of the starting material. Hydroxylated lecithin may vary in consistency from fluid to plastic, depending upon the content of free fatty acid and oil and whether it contains diluents. It is light yellow in color and has a characteristic "bleached" odor. It is partially soluble in water, but hydrates readily to form emulsions; it is more dispersible and hydrates more readily than crude lecithin.
- Chemical PropertiesHydroxylated Lecithin is light yellow liquid to paste; characteristic odor. Moderately sol in water.
- UsesHydroxylated Lecithin is an emulsifier and clouding agent that is a modified crude lecithin of improved water dispersibility. It is manufactured by treating soybean lecithin with peroxide to increase the hydrophilic properties of lecithin. It is partially soluble in water but hydrates readily to form emulsions. It is used in bakery products because it has an apparent synergy with monoand diglycerides. It is also used in dry-mixed beverages and margarine. It is also termed hydroxylated soybean lecithin.
- UsesFood additive.
- DefinitionModified lecithin by treating it with hydrogen peroxide and an organic acid.
- 1-OLEOYL-2-HYDROXY-SN-GLYCERO-3-PHOSPHATIDYLCHOLINE 1-PALMITOYL-2-HYDROXY-SN-GLYCERO-3-PHOSPHATIDYLCHOLINE Aluminum acetylacetonate DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE Tosylmethyl isocyanide Ferric acetylacetonate N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE SALCOMINE Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) Ethyl isocyanoacetate TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE BENZYL ISOCYANIDE Cupric acetylacetonate
- Company Name:XI'AN KPC-CN BIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.
- Company Name:Beijing HuaMeiHuLiBiological Chemical
- Company Name:Chizhou Kailong Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:JinJin Le Chemical Co., Ltd
- Company Name:Shandong chuangyingchemical Co., Ltd.