Basic information Selective β2 adrenergic receptor agonist Uses Category toxic Toxicity grading Acute toxicity Flammability and hazard characteristics Storage properties, warehouse Extinguishing media Safety Related Supplier
Clenbuterol hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:174-175.5°C
- Flash point:9℃
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility Soluble in water and in ethanol (96 per cent), slightly soluble in acetone.
- form neat
- Merck 14,2347
- CAS DataBase Reference21898-19-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Hazard Codes T,F
- Risk Statements 25-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11
- Safety Statements 22-36/37/39-45-36/37-16
- RIDADR UN 2811 6.1/PG 3
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS DN3180000
- HazardClass 6.1(b)
- PackingGroup III
- HS Code 29221990
- ToxicityLD50 in mice, rats, guinea pigs (mg/kg): 176, 315, 67.1 orally; 27.6, 35.3, 12.6 i.v. (Ueberberg)
Clenbuterol hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- Selective β2 adrenergic receptor agonistClenbuterol-hydrochloride exhibits as white crystalline powder. Its chemical name is hydroxymethyl tert-butanol adrenaline or 2-[(tert-butylamino) methyl]-4-amino-3, 5-dichlorobenzene methoxide salt. It is a kind of potent, selectively β2 adrenergic receptor agonists and can be used for relaxing bronchial smooth muscle for the treatment of bronchial asthma, asthmatic bronchitis and bronchitis with emphysema.
The main component of "Shouroujing" is clenbuterol. Because of its certain effects on animals such as promoting the protein synthesis of muscle, promoting lipid decomposition and reducing fat accumulation, it can cause the relative increase of lean meat content of the animal and thus improving livestock quality. Owing to this property, we also referred it as "growth promoters" and "nutrition re-dispersing agent."
In the early 1960s, it was found that it can promote the animal growth; In the 1970s, the United States had introduced it into poultry production and it has become the world's most widely used β-stimulants. However, as the substance has a strong thermal stability and biochemical stability, after animal consumption, it is capable of forming residue in organs and tissues. Upon eating pork containing clenbuterol, people can get poisoning symptoms. Thus, many countries in the world had sooner or later banned the application of β-agonists in animal husbandry. Many countries have developed detection method for monitoring β-agonists residues and clenbuterol of the feed. In 1997, our government had also banned clenbuterol for being used as feed additives.
Precautions: a minority of patients may get adverse reactions such as mild heart palpitations, tremor, and dizziness with the symptoms gradually disappear in general after the medication. Patients of hyperthyroidism, tachycardia or hypertension should be taken with caution.
Preparation: ordinary tablets, aerosols, suppositories, films agent and patches.
The above information is edited by the Chemicalbook of Dai Xiongfeng.
- UsesClenbuterol hydrochloride can be used for the prevention and treatment of bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema-accompanied bronchial spasms caused by bronchitis.Clenbuterol hydrochloride is a kind of β2-adrenergic receptor agonists and can be used as bronchodilators.
- Category toxicsubstances
- Toxicity gradinghighly toxic
- Acute toxicityintraperitoneal-mouse TDL0: 2 mg/kg
- Flammability and hazard characteristicsflammable with combustion cause its decomposition into toxic chloride and nitrogen oxide gases
- Storage properties, warehousecold, ventilated and dry; store it separately from food raw materials
- Extinguishing mediaWater, carbon dioxide, dry, sandy soil.
- Chemical PropertiesColourless Microcyrstalline Powder
- UsesBronchodilatator;Beta adrenergic agonist
- UsesSubstituted phenylethanolamine with β2 sympathomimetic activity. Bronchodilator. A β-Agonist which can be used as a growth promoter in farm animals.
- Usesdecongestant bronchodilator
- UsesSubstituted phenylethanolamine with 2 sympathomimetic activity. Bronchodilator
- DefinitionClenbuterol hydrochloride is a hydrochloride that is the monohydrochloride salt of clenbuterol.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsClenbuterol is approved for use in horses as a bronchodilator in the
management of airway obstruction, such as recurrent airway obstruction
(RAO; formerly COPD).
It has been used as a partitioning agent in food producing animals, but its use for this purpose is banned in the USA as relay toxicity in humans has been documented.
- Topotecan hydrochloride alpha,alpha'-Dichloro-p-xylene tert-Butylhydrazine hydrochloride 4,4'-Bis(chloromethyl)-1,1'-biphenyl Clenpenterol Methyl salicylate Methylparaben tert-Butanol Thiophanate-methyl Methoxyammonium chloride Clenbuterol Hydrochloride for pharmaceutical raw materials METSULFURON METHYL Sibutramine hydrochloride D-Glucosamine hydrochloride Bensulfuron methyl Iminodibenzyl Methanol Kresoxim-methyl
- Company Name:Hebei Saiming Pharmaceutical Technology Co. LTD Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai ChengShao Biological Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:021-61847300 13341622919
- Company Name:hejiang jushun medicine technology co., ltd Gold
- Tel:13056832872 1305-6832872-
- Company Name:Zhejiang chaohui medicine technology co., ltd Gold
- Tel:18238002504 021-34514716-
- Company Name:Zhejiang Haomei Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd Gold