Octocrylene Chemical Properties
- Melting point:−10 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:218 °C1.5 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.051 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:>230 °F
- form neat
- Merck 14,6756
- CAS DataBase Reference6197-30-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System2-Ethylhexyl 2-cyano-3,3-diphenylacrylate (6197-30-4)
Octocrylene Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesClear yellow viscous liquid
- UsesSolvent for solid sunscreens. UV absorber for plastics and paints.
- Usesoctocrylene is a uVB sunscreen with strong water-resistant properties and a rather broad-band absorption range. It exhibits good photostability, and is being evaluated by many companies as an effective SPF booster and waterproofing enhancer. This is an expensive ingredient with an approved usage level of 7 to 10 percent in both the united States and the european union. Although gaining in popularity among formulators, its cost and usage level can limit use. In addition, some studies are indicating it may cause allergic reactions in skin with a history of photoallergy.
- UsesOctocrylene is chemically related to cinnamates. It can be used to boost SPF and improve water resistance in a given formulation. Octocrylene is photostable and can improve the photostability of other sunscreens. It is expensive and can present difficulties in formulation.
- Usesantineoplastic, convulsant
- General DescriptionYellow viscous liquid. Insoluble in water.
- Air & Water ReactionsInsoluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileOctocrilene is an ester derivative. Esters react with acids to liberate heat along with alcohols and acids. Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products. Heat is also generated by the interaction of esters with caustic solutions. Flammable hydrogen is generated by mixing esters with alkali metals and hydrides.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Octocrilene are not available. Octocrilene is probably combustible.
- Contact allergensOctocrylene is an anti-UVB filter used in cosmetics that may induce photoallergic contact dermatitis.
- Safety ProfileLow toxicity by ingestion. Whenheated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors of NOx.
- 2-Phenylbenzimidazole-5-sulfonic acid Biphenyl 2-Ethylhexyl acrylate tert-Butylchlorodiphenylsilane 6-Benzylaminopurine ALPHA-CYANOCINNAMIC ACID ETHYL ESTER ISOBUTYL TIGLATE 2-ETHYLBUTYL METHACRYLATE ETHYL 2-CYANO-3-METHYLCROTONATE Isobutyl 2-butenoate Isobutyl cyanoacetate 2-Ethylhexyl methacrylate bucrilate Pentyl cinnamate 2-ETHYLBUTYL CYANOACETATE hexyl cyanoacetate ISOBUTYL ANGELATE Octocrylene
- Company Name:Changzhou Chemical Research Institute Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13656112367 0519-86649494-
- Company Name:Tianjin kemnet international trade co., LTD Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Huibaixin Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:17364282875 17364282875
- Company Name:Deltachem (Qingdao) Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:QINGDAO WANYUAN MOUNTAIN BIOTECH CO.,LTD Gold
- Tel:15092119928 0532-66720179-