ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Oxygen-containing heterocyclic compounds > Thiazole, thiophene, and pyridine > 3-Methylthiophene
3-Methylthiophene Chemical Properties
- Melting point:−69 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:114 °C738 mm Hg(lit.)
- Density 1.016 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor pressure 42.4 mm Hg ( 37.7 °C)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:52 °F
- storage temp. Flammables area
- solubility 0.40g/l
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless to light yellow
- Specific Gravity1.016
- Water Solubility insoluble
- BRN 1300
- CAS DataBase Reference616-44-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceThiophene, 3-methyl-(616-44-4)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemThiophene, 3-methyl- (616-44-4)
3-Methylthiophene Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless to light yellow liquid
- UsesA thiophene derivative used as an electropolymerization monomer in conducting polymer research.
- UsesConducting polymer precursor.1
- UsesThiophene, 2-methyIthiopheney and 3-methylthiophene act as inhibitors for the polymerization of trichloroethylene in a solvent used for the degreasing of iron and aluminum, said polymerization being catalyzed by contact of the solvent with the metals. Bonz, in 1885, reported the formation of a dichloroethylthiophene from chlorination of 2-ethylthiophene in the cold. Is Opolski studied the chlorination of 2- and 3-methylthiophenes, 2-ethyl- and 2-butylthiophene and reported constants for the monochloro derivatives. Voerman has chlorinated 3-methylthiophene in the side chain with phosphorus trichloride in the sunlight, but concurrent ring chlorination predominates. 3-Methylthiophene gives a unique reaction with alkyl- or arylsodium in which the substitution takes place exclusively in the 5-position rather than in the expected 2-position.
- Uses3-Methylthiophene is found in coffee and coffee products. it is a maillard product, present in roast coffee aroma.
3-Methylthiophene is a member of thiophenes. Conducting polymer precursor. Copolymerization of 3-alkylthiophene and 3-methylthiophene is a promising approach to provide a polymer which has both solution processible property and high electrical conductivity.
- Purification MethodsDry it with Na2SO4, then distil it from sodium. [Beilstein 17 III/IV 277, 17/1 V 331.]
3-Methylthiophene Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Products3-Thiopheneacetic acid4-BROMO-1,1-BIS(3-METHYL-2-THIENYL)-1-BUTENE4-Bromo-1,1-bis-(3-methyl-thiophen-2-yl)-butan-1-ol ,97%3-METHYLTHIOPHENE-2-BORONIC ACIDMETHYL 2,5-DICHLOROTHIOPHENE-3-CARBOXYLATE2-ACETYL-4-METHYLTHIOPHENE2,5-DICHLOROTHIOPHENE-3-CARBONYL CHLORIDE2,4-DIMETHYLTHIOPHENE2,5-DICHLOROTHIOPHENE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID3-METHYLTHIOPHENE-2-CARBONYL CHLORIDE2-Acetyl-3-methylthiophene4-METHYLTHIOPHENE-2-CARBOXALDEHYDE2,5-Dichloro-3-methylthiophene
- 3-Cyanomethylthiophene 3-Thiophenemalonic acid 3-Acetyl-2,5-dichlorothiophene 3-Thiopheneacetic acid 3-Thienylmethanol 2-AMINO-4,5,6,7-TETRAHYDRO-BENZO[B]THIOPHENE-3-CARBOXYLIC ACID METHYL ESTER 2-(3-THIENYL)PYRIDINE 3-Acetyl-2,5-dimethylthiophene Thiophene-3-ethanol Tetraphenylthiophene 3-Methyl-2-thiophenecarboxylic acid ETHYL THIOPHENE-3-ACETATE 3-Methyl-2-thiophenecarboxaldehyde 3-Methylthiophene Thifensulfuron Tetrahydrothiophene Cephalothin 2-Bromo-3-methylthiophene
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Beijing Donghualituo Techonlogy Development Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:New Energy Chemicals
- Tel:13770142076 0515-82159088-