ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Synthetic Anti-infective Drugs > Nitrofuran drugs > Methenamine hippurate
Methenamine hippurate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:89-95°C
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- HS Code 2933690000
Methenamine hippurate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- OriginatorHiprex ,Merrell National,US,1967
- UsesAntibacterial (urinary).
- Manufacturing Process179 g (1 mol) hippuric acid (benzoyl glycine) and 140 g (1 mol) hexamethylenetetramine were heated under reflux in 500 ml methanol. The small amount of water necessary to give a clear, homogeneous solution was added to the resulting reaction mixture which was then evaporated to dryness. The residue soon crystallized, a procedure that could be greatly accelerated by seeding with crystals of hexamethylenetetramine hippurate from a previous preparation. The resulting solid product was broken up and pulverized. Hexamethylenetetramine hippurate is stable on exposure to air and is soluble in water and alcohol. It melts at 105° to 110°C.
- brand nameUrex(Vatring).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibacterial (urinary)
- General DescriptionMethenamine hippurate (Hiprex) is the hippuric acid salt ofmethenamine. It is readily absorbed after oral administrationand is concentrated in the urinary bladder, where it exerts itsantibacterial activity. Its activity is increased in acid urine.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Sinopharm Chemical Reagent Co,Ltd.
- Company Name:Tianjin Derchemist Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:13920586291 22-58627059-
- Company Name:Shanghai TaoShu Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:15002134094 021-33632979-