Acid Red 27
Acid Red 27 Chemical Properties
- Melting point:>300°C
- Density 1.5
- solubility H2O: soluble10mg/mL
- Colour Index 16185
- form Crystalline Powder
- color Dark reddish-brown to dark brown
- Water Solubility 50 g/L (20 ºC)
- λmax520 nm
- Merck 14,375
- BRN 4122311
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Biological ApplicationsDetecting membrane-potential change; treating acquired resistance to GABAergic (ARG) agents
- CAS DataBase Reference915-67-3
- EPA Substance Registry SystemC.I. Acid Red 27, trisodium salt (915-67-3)
Acid Red 27 Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionAmaranth (FD & C Red No. 2) consists essentially of a trisodium 2-hydroxy-l-(4-sulfonato-1-naphthy lazo)naphthalene 3,6-disulfonate and subsidiary coloring matters together with sodium chloride and/or sodium sulfate as the principal uncolored components. Amaranth may be converted to the corresponding aluminum lake.
- Chemical Propertiessolid
- UsesDyeing wool and silk bright bluish-red from an acid bath. Food colorant. As indicator. In color photography.
- DefinitionAn azo dye derived from naphthionic and R acids.
- World Health Organization (WHO)Approval of amaranth as a permitted colouring agent in foods and pharmaceutical products was withdrawn by the United States FDA in 1976, on the basis of positive findings in carcinogenicity tests which were later disputed on technical grounds and which have not been confirmed in subsequent tests. It has since been withdrawn by some other national regulatory authorities because of uncertainty regarding its safety, but elsewhere it remains widely used.
- General DescriptionDark red to dark purple powder. Almost no odor. Tastes salty. pH (1% solution in water) approximately 10.8. Used to dye wool and silk bright bluish-red from an acid bath.
- Air & Water ReactionsCan be explosive as an airborne dust at certain concentrations. Moderately soluble in water.
- Reactivity ProfileAcid Red 27 may form toxic gases with acids, aldehydes, amides, carbamates, cyanides, inorganic fluorides, halogenated organics, isocyanates, ketones, metals, nitrides, peroxides, phenols, epoxides, acyl halides, and strong oxidizing or reducing agents. May form flammable gases with alkali metals. Explosive combination can occur with strong oxidizing agents, metal salts, peroxides, and sulfides.
- HazardA questionable carcinogen. May not be used in foods, drugs, or cosmetics.
- Fire HazardFlash point data for Acid Red 27 are not available; however, Acid Red 27 is probably combustible.
Acid Red 27 Preparation Products And Raw materials
- CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III 249 ACID RED 249 Methanol Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate Sodium citrate phosphoric acid 4-PHENYLAZOPHENOL trisodium PONCEAU 6R HYDROXYNAPHTHOL BLUE ACID RED 13 Food Yellow 3:1 Sudan I Sodium 6-hydroxynaphthalene-2-sulfonate Sodium 4-amino-1-naphthalenesulfonate 4-Amino-benzenesulfonic acid monosodium salt Acid Red 27 (3-THIOPHEN-2-YLMETHYL-5-THIOXO-1,5-DIHYDRO-[1,2,4]TRIAZOL-4-YL)-ACETIC ACID
Acid Red 27SupplierMore
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009