ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Drugs Influencing Immune Function > Immunomodulators > ISOPRINOSINE
ISOPRINOSINE Chemical Properties
- Merck 14,4976
- ToxicityLD50 in mice and rats (mg/kg): >4000 orally and i.p. (Gordon)
ISOPRINOSINE Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionISOPRINOSINE (also known as inosine pranobex) an antiviral drug combing of inosine and dimepranol acedoben (a salt of acetamidobenzoic acid and dimethylaminoisopropanol) in a ratio of 1 to 3. It is mainly used for treating the rare measles complication subacute sclerosing panencephalitis in conjunction with intrathecal interferon therapy1,2. In UK, it is also indicated for mucocutaneous infections due to herpes simplex virus (type 1 and type 2) and for treatment of genital warts as adjunctive therapy to podophyllin or carbon dioxide laser1. It also has certain efficacy in the treatment of AIDS and some other acquired immunodeficiency such as aged patients, cancer patients, severely burned patients, ill patients, and surgery patients3. Preclinical studies have demonstrated that isoprinosine can inhibit the growth of both DNA and RNA viruses as well as potentiate cell-mediated immune response both in vitro and in vivo4,5.
- Waldman, R. H., and R. Ganguly. "Therapeutic efficacy of inosiplex (Isoprinosine) in rhinovirus infection. " Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 284.1(1977):153–160.
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- Company Name:Changzhou josenchem Pharmaceutical Chemical Material Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13338194135 519-85286950-
- Company Name:Wuhan Kemi-Works Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Qufu Haida Tiancheng Biochemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13345174153 0537-4531868-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390