ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Analytical Chemistry > Standard > Veterinary drug and Pesticide residues > Eprinomectin
Eprinomectin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:163-166°C
- Density 1.23
- Flash point:2 °C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form neat
Eprinomectin Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionEprinomectin is a semisynthetic avermectin that consists of a mixture of two homologues, eprinomectin B1a (4 epi-acetylamino-4 -deoxy-avermectin B1; 90%) and eprinomectin B1b (10%).Eprinomectin was developed as a topical endectocide for all categories of cattle including lactating dairy cattle, and the process by which eprinomectin was selected for further development has been described (90). Briefly, several hundred avermectin/ milbemycin analogues were screened in a sheep model for efficacy against a range of endoparasites and in lactating dairy cows for a low milk:plasma partitioning ratio. Themilk:plasma ratio for eprinomectin is <0.2; ivermectin, by comparison, partitions equally between milk and plasma.
- Chemical PropertiesCrystalline Solid
- UsesA mixture of semi-synthetic Avermectins; containing 90% or more of component B1a and 10% or less of component B1b. Antiparasitic
- UsesEprinomectin is a mixture of eprinomectins B1a and B1b in a 9:1 ratio, produced from a mixture of avermectin B1a and B1b. Eprinomectin is used commercially as a topical endectocide (insecticide, miticide and nematocide) for cattle, including lactating dairy cows. Like all avermectins and milbemycins, eprinomectin acts by binding to parasite glutamate-gated chloride ion channels and disrupts neurotransmission leading to paralysis and death of the parasite, mite or insect.
- UsesA mixture of Eprinomectin B1a and B1b showing anti-anthelintic activity
- brand nameEprinex [Veterinary](Merial).
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsIn cattle, eprinomectin is indicated for a variety gastrointestinal
adult and L4 stages of Haemonchus placei,
Ostertagia ostertagi, Trichostrongylus axei and colubriformis,
Cooperia oncophora/punctata/surnabada, Nematodirus helvetianus,
Oesophagostomum radiatum, Bunostomum phlebotomum, and
Trichuris spp. (adults only); cattle grubs; lice; mange mites; horn
flies (for 7 days after treatment), and lungworms (Dictyocaulus
vivaparus—for 21 days after treatment).
Topical eprinomectin may be useful for the topical treatment of ear mites (Psoroptes cuniculi) in rabbits. One small study (6 subjects) showed partial response when rabbits were dosed at 5 mg/kg topically, twice at 14 day intervals. (Ulutas, Voyvoda et al. 2005)
- Toxicity evaluationAcute oral LD50 for rats: 55mg/kg
- 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE PHENYLSELENOL N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) SALCOMINE DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) Ferric acetylacetonate TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE Ethyl isocyanoacetate BENZYL ISOCYANIDE Eprinomectin Abamectin Ipriflavone Emamectin
- Company Name:Aikon International Limited Gold
- Tel:18068836627 025-58859352-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Beijing Isomersyn Technology CO;LTD