ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Aldehydes spices > Aromatic aldehyde > TOLUALDEHYDES
TOLUALDEHYDES Chemical Properties
- ToxicityLD50 oral in rat: 2250mg/kg
TOLUALDEHYDES Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesColorless liquid. Slightly soluble inwater; soluble in alcohol and ether. There are also oand misomers. Combustible.
- Chemical PropertiesTolualdehydes, mixed o-, m-, p-, have a sweet and herbaceous odor reminiscent of bitter almond.
- OccurrenceReported found in roasted nuts, tomato, cooked beef, beef fat, cider, coffee, tea and elderberry juice.
- UsesPerfumes, pharmaceutical and dyestuff intermediate, flavoring agent.
- PreparationBy oxidation of o-, m-, or p-xylene (chemical or electrolytical oxidation).
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 15 ppm: cherry pit, coumarin, almond, sweet, with a slight powdery hay and vanillalike nuance.
- MetabolismAromatic aldehydes are oxidized in vivo almost entirely to the corresponding acid. Thus, in rabbits, p-tolualdehyde is converted to p-toluic acid which has been detected in the urine as the ester glucuronide (Williams, 1959). p-Tolualdehyde was oxidized to p-toluic acid by resting cells of Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Omori & Yamada, 1970). Perillaldehyde dehydrogenase, isolated from a soil pseudomonad, catalysed the oxidation of m- and p-tolualdehyde but not of o-tolualdehyde (Ballal, Bhattacharyya & Rangachari, 1967). The reduction of p-tolualdehyde by NADH was catalysed by horse-liver alcohol dehydrogenase (Blomquist, 1966) and by yeast alcohol dehydrogenase at pH 8.5-9.5 (Klinman, 1975). A non-specific NADPH-linked aldehyde reductase isolated from various areas of bovine brain also catalysed the reduction of p-tolualdehyde (Tabakoff & Erwin, 1970).
TOLUALDEHYDES Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 1,1,3,3-TETRAMETHYLBUTYL ISOCYANIDE COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) Ethyl isocyanoacetate Cupric acetylacetonate Ferric acetylacetonate Aluminum acetylacetonate PHENYLSELENOL N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) SALCOMINE TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) Tosylmethyl isocyanide DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) BENZYL ISOCYANIDE METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE
- Company Name:Hubei Jusheng Technology Co.,Ltd.