Sodium risedronate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:252-262°C
- storage temp. Store at RT
- solubility H2O: soluble5mg/mL, clear (warmed)
- form powder
- color white to beige
- CAS DataBase Reference115436-72-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
Sodium risedronate Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionRisedronate sodium is a nitrogen-containing bisphosphonate that inhibits osteoclast-mediated bone resorption and modulates bone metabolism.
Risedronate sodium is used for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis to reduce the risk of vertebral fractures, treatment of established postmenopausal osteoporosis to reduce the risk of hip fractures, treatment of osteoporosis in men at high risk of fractures, and treatment of Paget’s disease. It is marketed as Actonel (tablet) and Atelvia (delayed-release tablet).
- References https://www.medicines.org.uk
- DescriptionRisedronate sodium was launched as Actonel in the US for treatment of Paget's disease. Risedronic acid is readily obtained by condensation of 2-(3- pyridyl)acetic acid with phosphorous acid in presence of phosphorus oxychloride. Risedronate sodium is an orally active bisphosphonate of third generation, showing more potent bone antiresorptive properties than most of prior bisphosphonates like etidronate which has been used for the same indication since 1978. The biological mechanism by which Risedronate, and generally bisphosphonates, act is not quite clear presently ; recent advances have suggested that aminobisphosphonates interfere with the HMG-CoA pathway and inhibit protein prenylation, causing apoptosis of osteoclasts and macrophages. These apoptotic effects are correlated to the anti-resorptive properties of this class of compounds. In a 2 month clinical trial involving patients with Paget's desease, 30 mg risedronate daily achieved an appreciable reduction of serum alkaline phosphatase levels, an indicator of bone stabilization, in 77% of patients, compared with 11% on etidronate at 400 mg daily for 6 months. Risedronate is also in development for the treatment and prevention of various bone diseases, particularly post-menopausal and corticosteroid-induced osteoporosis.
- Chemical PropertiesFine White to Off-White Crystalline Powder
- OriginatorProcter Gamble (US)
- UsesRisedronic Acid is a pyridinyl biphosphonate bone resorption inhibitor.
- brand nameActonel (Procter & Gamble).
- HazardHuman systemic effects.
- Biological ActivityOrally active biphosphonate that inhibits farnesyl diphosphate (FPP) synthase. Exhibits antiproliferative and proapoptotic activity in numerous tumor cell lines and inhibits osteoclast-mediated bone reabsorption in vivo .
- Sodium acetate Pamidronate disodium salt Sodium risedronate [1-Hydroxy-3-(methylpentylamino)-propylidene]bisphosphonic acid sodium salt Alendronate sodium Sodium sulfate Diclofenac sodium Clodronate disodium Disodium pamidronate Sodium benzoate Folic acid Risedronic acid Citric acid CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III Sodium chloride sodium Ascoric Acid Ethyl 2-(Chlorosulfonyl)acetate
- Company Name:Wuhan Wsem Biological Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13419635609 027-52344626-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Chembest Research Laboratories Limited
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519