ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Antihypertensive drugs > Torasemide
Torasemide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:163-164°C
- Density 1.283±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- solubility DMSO: soluble18mg/mL
- form solid
- pka6.44(at 25℃)
- Water Solubility Soluble
- Merck 14,9552
- CAS DataBase Reference56211-40-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System3-Pyridinesulfonamide, N-[[(1-methylethyl)amino]carbonyl]-4-[(3-methylphenyl)amino]- (56211-40-6)
Torasemide Usage And Synthesis
- DiureticsDiuretics are drugs mainly acting on the kidneys to increase the excretion of water and electrolytes, and increase urine output. Their potency can be divided into:
1. potent diuretics (loop diuretics): including furosemide, bumetanide, ethacrynic acid.
2. Middle efficiency diuretics include: thiazide diuretics, such as hydrochlorothiazide, bendroflumethiazide and so on.
3. Inefficient diuretics include: retention of potassium diuretics spironolactone, triamterene and carbonic anhydrase inhibitor acetazolamide and the like.
Potent diuretics effect on medullary loop ramus crude segment medulla,they inhibit reabsorption of active chlorine, followed by inhibiting sodium reabsorption, and play a strong diuretic effect.
Torasemide is a potent diuretic, its mechanism of action is similar to furosemide, it has no effect on the proximal tubules, it does not cause an increase in the discharge of potassium. This product increase renal volume and sodium excretion is dose-dependent , it does not affect the calcium and potassium excretion, excretion and metabolism have no association with renal function, large doses have no significant toxicity. Sort diuretic strength by: bumetanide> torasemide> piretanide> furosemide. It is useful in the treatment of acute and chronic renal failure and essential hypertension. Adverse reactions of torasemide are similar to furosemide ,common adverse reactions are headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, muscle spasms, but it produces lesser extent of potassium loss ,it has no effect on uric acid, blood glucose and lipid .
The above information is edited by the chemicalbook of Tian Ye.
- UsesIt is used as a diuretic.
- DescriptionTorasemide is a novel loop diuretic launched in 1993 after a 12-year gap from the last diuretic introduction. It is indicated for the treatment of hypertension and edema associated with chronic congestive heart failure, renal disease and hepatic cirrhosis. Torasemide exerts its major diuretic activity on the thick ascending limb of the Henle's loop to promote rapid and marked excretion of water, Na+, Cl-, and to a lesser extent,K+ and Ca2+. Compared with other loop diuretics such as furosemide, torasemide has a stronger antihypertensive action, a higher bioavailability, a longer duration of action that is independent of the renal function, and has no side effects such as paradoxical antidiuresis. The mechanism of its vasodilating effect has been suggested to result from, at least in part, the competitive antagonism of the thromboxane A2 receptor.
- Chemical PropertiesCrystalline Solid
- OriginatorHafslund Nycomed Germany; Italy (Norway)
- Usesalcohol dehydrogenase inhibitor, antidote
- UsesUsed as a diuretic
- DefinitionChEBI: An N-sulfonylurea obtained by formal condensation of [(3-methylphenyl)amino]pyridine-3-sulfonic acid with the free amino group of N-isopropylurea.
- brand nameTorasemide is INN and BAN;Unat;Toradiur.
- TORASEMIDE FOR SYSTEM SUITABILITY TORSEMIDE RELATED COMPOUND B (75 MG) (N-[(N-BUTYLAMINO)CARBONYL]-4-[(3-METHYLPHENYL)A-MINO]-3-PYRIDINESULFONAMIDE) TORASEMIDE ANHYDROUS Torasemide1,4-Dihydroxy-2-Butyne 4-Amino-3-pyridinesulfonamide ISO-PROPYL-D7-AMINE Torasemide intermediate,4-(3-methylphenyl)amino-3-pyridine sulfonamide (intermediate of torasemide) Torasemide p-Toluenesulfonamide GRANULAR UREA 3-Aminobenzenesulfonamide Sulfuryl chloride Benzenesulfonamide 3-Aminopyridine Urea 4-Dimethylaminopyridine Semicarbazide 2-Aminopyridine
- Company Name:Wuhan Dahua Weiye Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801