Fudosteine Chemical Properties
- Melting point:200-202°C (dec.)
- Boiling point:354.5±42.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.301±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. -20°C Freezer
- CAS DataBase Reference13189-98-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
Fudosteine Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionFudostein was launched in Japan as a new mucoactive agent for the treatment of bronchitis and respiratory congestion. This cysteine derivative was obtained from L-cysteine by condensation with either allylic alcohol in the presence of potassium persulfate or the corresponding bromoalcohol in the presence of a base. Fudostein was shown to significantly reduce mucus glycoprotein hypersecretion and inhibit infiltration of airway mucosa by lymphocytes and inflammatory cells in bronchitic rats. When given to bronchitic rabbits, an oral dose of 500 mg/kg daily potently decreased the fucose/ N-acetylneuraminic acid in sputa, so exhibiting mucoregulatory properties. In another study with SO2-exposed rabbits, fudostein suppressed blood flow of tracheal microvasculature increased by SO2, partly due to scavenging of superoxide anion.
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White Powder
- OriginatorSS Pharmaceutical/Mitsubishi Pharma (Japan)
- UsesAn antiinflammatory expectorant MUC5 mucin obstructive pulmonary disease.
- UsesFudosteine is a novel mucoactive agent and a MUC5AC mucin hypersecretion inhibitor. MUC5AC mucin synthesis and the expression of the MUC5AC gene were increased by LPS in rats or TNF-α in NCI-H292 cells; these effects were inhibited by fudosteine treatment
- UsesAn antiinflammatory expectorant used in the treatment of MUC5 mucin obstructive pulmonary disease.
- UsesA demonstrated antiinflammatory
- UsesFudosteine is a cysteine derivative that interferes with the increase in goblet cell number, expression of the mucin MUC5AC, and subsequent mucin secretion, in airways agonized with tobacco smoke, isoproterenol, lipopolysaccharide, TNF-α, or oxidants. Fudosteine, which is a thiol compound with antioxidant properties, limits NF-κB signaling and reduces inflammatory gene expression. It has greater bioavailability than N-acetyl-cysteine and increases cysteine levels in cells.
- brand nameCleanal
- HazardA reproductive hazard.
- S-Carboxymethyl-L-cysteine Erdosteine L-ALANINE, 3-[(3-HYDROXYPROPYL)SULFINYL]- Fudosteine Impurity 1 Fudosteine Impurity 3 Fudosteine Impurity 2 Fudosteine Impurity 4 Fudosteine Impurity 5 Fudosteine Impurity 2 FMOC-S-CARBOXYETHYL-L-CYSTEINE N-ACETYL-S-(3-HYDROXYPROPYL)CYSTEINE S-(2-carboxy-1-(1H-imidazol-4-yl) ethyl)cysteine N-ACETYL-S-(3-HYDROXYPROPYL)CYSTEINE, DICYCLOHEXYLAMMONIUM SALT S-ADENOSYL-L-CYSTEINE 4-HYDROXY NONENAL MERCAPTURIC ACID LACTACYSTIN S-(2-carboxyethyl)-L-cysteine BOC-S-CARBOXYETHYL-L-CYSTEINE
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:shanghai science Bio-Pharmceutical.co,ltd.
- Tel:13761402923 0215-7872719
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:LGM Pharma