Linear alkyl benzenesulphonate
- Product Name:Linear alkyl benzenesulphonate
- Synonyms: N-ALKYL(C10-C13)BENZENESULPHONICACID ALKYLBENZENESULPHONATE LINEARC9-13ALKYLBENZENESULPHONATE C10-C13LINEARALKYLBENZENESULPHONATE (C-mixed)alkylbenzenesulfonic acid, sodium salts Linear chain alkylbenzene sulfonic acid 4-dodecan-2-ylbenzenesulfonate Benzenesulfonic acid, alkyl deriv., linear
- Product Categories:
- Mol File:Mol File
Linear alkyl benzenesulphonate Chemical Properties
Linear alkyl benzenesulphonate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesFine, deliquescent needles or large plates. Soluble in water, alcohol; slightly soluble in benzene; insoluble in ether and carbon disulfide.
- UsesManufacturing of phenol, resorcinol, and other organic syntheses, and as a catalyst.
- General DescriptionFine whitish needles. Solid form may severely irritate skin and eyes. Used to make other chemicals.
- Air & Water ReactionsSoluble in water. Mixes with water to form a corrosive solution.
- Reactivity ProfileOxidizing acids are generally soluble in water with the release of hydrogen ions. The resulting solutions have pH's of less than 7.0. Materials in this group react with chemical bases (for example: amines and inorganic hydroxides) to form salts. These neutralization reactions occur as the base accepts hydrogen ions that the acid donates. Neutralizations can generate dangerously large amounts of heat in small spaces. The dissolution of acids in water or the dilution of their concentrated solutions with water may generate significant heat. The addition of water acids often generates sufficient heat in the small region of mixing to boil some of the water explosively. The resulting "bumping" spatters acid widely. These materials have significant ability as oxidizing agents. but that ability varies (for example, from high for nitric acid to low for sulfuric acid and most sulfonic acids). They can react with active metals, including iron and aluminum, and also many less active metals, to dissolve the metal and liberate hydrogen and/or toxic gases. Like other acids, materials in this group can initiate polymerization in certain classes of organic compounds. Their reactions with cyanide salts and compounds release gaseous hydrogen cyanide. Flammable and/or toxic gases are also often generated by their reactions with dithiocarbamates, isocyanates, mercaptans, nitrides, nitriles, sulfides, and weak or strong reducing agents. Additional gas-generating reactions occur with sulfites, nitrites, thiosulfates (to give H2S and SO3), dithionites (SO2), and even carbonates: the carbon dioxide gas from the last is nontoxic but the heat and spattering from the reaction can be troublesome. May often catalyze chemical reactions.
- HazardIrritant to skin, eyes, mucous membranes.
- Health HazardTOXIC; inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. Avoid any skin contact. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may be corrosive and/or toxic and cause pollution.
- Fire HazardNon-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes. Some are oxidizers and may ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated.
- 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE CHROMIUM(III) ACETYLACETONATE Ethyl isocyanoacetate SALCOMINE METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE PHENYLSELENOL TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE Tosylmethyl isocyanide TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) Ferric acetylacetonate Linear alkyl benzenesulphonate ALKYLKETENE DIMER Amlodipine Besylate BLASTICIDIN S CALCIUM DODECYLBENZENE SULFONATE Tetradecyldimethylbenzylammonium chloride Dodecylbenzenesulphonic acid LINEAR ALKYLBENZENE SULPHONIC ACID
Linear alkyl benzenesulphonateSupplierMore
- Company Name:Huainan Kedi Chemical Factory
- Company Name:HBCChem, Inc.
- Company Name:Chizhou Kailong Import and Export Trade Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Please Email
- Company Name:Alfa Chemistry
- Company Name:Wuhan Wsem Biological Co., Ltd.
- Tel:027-59402396 ; 13419635609（WX）