ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal halide and Halogen salt > Metal fluoride and salt > Ammonium hexafluorosilicate
Ammonium hexafluorosilicate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:°Cd ec.)
- Density 2.01 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- form Crystalline Powder and Chunks
- color White
- Specific Gravity2.011
- Water Solubility Slightly soluble in water. Insoluble in alcohol and acetone.
- Hydrolytic Sensitivity0: forms stable aqueous solutions
- Merck 14,527
- CAS DataBase Reference16919-19-0(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemAmmonium silicofluoride (16919-19-0)
Ammonium hexafluorosilicate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite slightly adhering crystalline powder
- Chemical PropertiesAmmonium hexafluorosilicate is a white crystalline powder. Odorless.
- UsesIn pesticides; in soldering flux; etching glass.
- General DescriptionA white crystalline solid. Noncombustible. Corrodes aluminum. Used as a disinfectant, in etching glass, metal casting, and electroplating.
- Air & Water ReactionsWater soluble.
- Reactivity ProfileSalts, basic, such as Ammonium hexafluorosilicate, are generally soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain moderate concentrations of hydroxide ions and have pH's greater than 7.0. They react as bases to neutralize acids. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of the bases in reactivity group 10 (Bases) and the neutralization of amines. They usually do not react as either oxidizing agents or reducing agents but such behavior is not impossible.
- HazardVery toxic; fatal.
- Health HazardInhalation of dust can cause pulmonary irritation and can be fatal in some cases. Ingestion may be fatal. Contact with dust causes irritation of eyes and irritation or ulceration of skin.
- Fire HazardSpecial Hazards of Combustion Products: Toxic and irritating hydrogen fluoride, silicon tetrafluoride, and oxides of nitrogen may form in fires.
- Potential ExposureThis material is used as a pesticide and miticide, wood preservative, soldering flux; light metal casting; and in the etching of glass.
- ShippingUN2856 Fluorosilicates, n.o.s., Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials, Technical Name Required.
- Purification MethodsCrystallise the salt from water (2mL/g). After 3 recrystallisations, the Technical grade salt has Li, Na, K and Fe at 0.3, 0.2, 0.1 and 1.0 ppm respectively.
- IncompatibilitiesAqueous solution is highly corrosive. Contact with acids reacts to form hydrogen fluoride, which is a highly corrosive and forms a toxic gas. Corrosive to aluminum. Incompatible with oxidizers (chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, permanganates, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.); contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides. Ammonium fluorosilicate reacts with water to form hydrofluoric acid, a source of fluoride ions. Unlike other halide ions, the fluoride ion is highly reactive, acting as a weak base and participating in some unique reactions. In particular, fluorides react strongly with compounds containing calcium, magnesium, or silicon ions, which means that solutions containing soluble fluorides are corrosive to both living tissue and glass. Hydrofluoric acid can cause severe chemical burns and is one of the few materials that can etch glass. It is also a toxic gas in its anhydrous form.
- Waste DisposalConsult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices. Generators of waste containing this contaminant (≥100 kg/mo) must conform with EPA regulations governing storage, transportation, treatment, and waste disposal. Incineration.
Ammonium hexafluorosilicate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- AMMONIUM HEXAFLUOROSILICATE ((NH4)2SIF6) 99.999% 25G AMMONIUM HEXAFLUOROSILICATE ((NH4)2SIF6) 99.999% 5G Seractide Hexafluorosilicic acid Ammonium carbonate Ammonium hydroxide Zinc silicofluoride Ammonium acetate Molybdic acid Ammonium nitrate Ammonium sulfate Ammonium hexafluorosilicate Fluorosilicate Sodium fluorosilicate Potassium fluorosilicate Magnesium hexafluorosilicate hexahydrate Ammonium chloride Ammonium formate
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-