ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Digestive system drugs > Antacid and Mucosal protective Drugs > Sofalcone
Sofalcone Chemical Properties
- Melting point:143-144°
- Boiling point:478.6°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1362 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4870 (estimate)
- CAS DataBase Reference64506-49-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- ToxicityLD50 in mice, rats: >10 g/kg orally (Tarumoto)
Sofalcone Usage And Synthesis
- Pharmacological actionSofalcone is an effective component extracted and synthesized from traditional Chinese medicine Sophora tonkinensis. It is the product of isoprene derivatives. It can increase gastric blood flow, expand gastric mucosal blood vessels, increase oxygen consumption in gastric tissue, promote gastric mucosal repair, increase gastric wall composition and increase prostaglandin content in gastric tissue. Its mechanism is to inhibit prostaglandin 5hydroxyl prostaglandin dehydrogenase (PG). This product has a good effect on the ulcer of the digestive tract by enhancing the defense factor. It is mainly used for the treatment of gastric ulcer and gastritis.
Figure 1 Structural formula for sofalcone
- PharmacokineticsThis product is absorbed quickly after oral administration, and the concentration is up to the peak in about one hour. The half life of plasma is about 1h, and it will almost disappear in the blood after 2h. The main metabolites in the body are the reductive products of the alpha and beta unsaturated bonds of the chalcone skeleton, and the oxidation products of the isoprene side chain. It is excreted from urine by 6% to 8% in the form of isoprene chain oxidation products within 48h.
- DescriptionSofalcone is a synthetic antiulcer agent related to sophoradin, the active principle of the Chinese medicinal plant, Sophora subprostata. It is suggested to act via a strengthening of the mucosal barrier through an increase in blood flow and stimulation of the synthesis of sulfated mucopolysaccharides.
- OriginatorJapan (Japan)
- UsesSofalcone is a substituted chalcone with anti-ulcer activity.
- UsesSofalcone is an anti-ulcer chalcone derivative. It blocks inflammation by suppressing the production of nitric oxide, TNF-α, and MCP-1 while inducing the expression of heme oxygenase-1 when used at 10-20 μM. Sofalcone (20-50 μM) induces VEGF expression in gastric epithelial cells and promotes gastric ulcer healing following eradication therapy for H. pylori.[Cayman Chemical]
- trans-Chalcone Tris Base Methanol Bensulfuron methyl Methylparaben 2-Hydroxyethyl methacrylate 1-[2-HYDROXY-4-(3-METHYL-BUT-2-ENYLOXY)-PHENYL]-ETHANONE 4'-(3-Methyl-2-butyenyloxy)benzaldehyde Sofalcone Desogestrel METSULFURON METHYL Methyl cellulose Methyl Kresoxim-methyl Methyl bromide CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM SALT methylol cellulose Trimethylolpropane
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Wujiang Suke Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.