Alibendol Chemical Properties
- Melting point:97-99°C
- Boiling point:402.4±45.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.192±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- Merck 14,244
- CAS DataBase Reference26750-81-2(CAS DataBase Reference)
- RTECS CU8730000
- ToxicityLD50 in Swiss male mice (mg/kg): >3000 orally; >2000 s.c.; 209 i.p.; 217 i.v. (Clémence)
Alibendol Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite Solid
- OriginatorCebera ,Bouchara ,France ,1981
- UsesAlibendol is an antispasmodic,choleretic, and cholekinetic.
- UsesAn amide analog of Eugenol, and is used therapeutically as an antispasmodic.
- Manufacturing Process36 g of ethyl ester of 2-hydroxy-3-methoxy-5-allyl-benzoic acid [obtained by the process described by Pearl, et al., J. Amer. Chem. Soc., Vol. 71, 1067- 1068 (1949)] and 61 g of ethanolamine were admixed and left to stand for 1 hour at ambient temperature after which it was heated for 1 hour at 120°C. The mixture was extracted with chloroform and the organic phases were washed with half diluted hydrochloric acid, then with water, and the chloroform evaporated off. The residue, after recrystallization from benzene, was a 78% yield of 2-hydroxy-3-methoxy-5-allyl-N-(β-hydroxyethyl)- benzamide having a melting point of 95°C. The product appeared in the form of colorless crystals which were insoluble in water and soluble in dilute sodium hydroxide.
- Therapeutic FunctionCholeretic, Spasmolytic
Alibendol Preparation Products And Raw materials
- FTIBAMZONE Sulfamic acid 5-Methylsalicylamide 5-ALLYL-2-HYDROXY-3-METHOXYBENZALDEHYDE N-(2-HYDROXYETHYL)SALICYLAMIDE, 98 Alibendol p-(2-Methoxyethyl) phenol Benzamide CHLOANTRANILIPROLE 2-Methoxyethanol Aliskiren RADICININ FROM ALTERNARIA CHRYSANTHEMI Methoxydiethylborane Methoxy CHLOROPHOSPHONAZO III 3-Diethylaminophenol 2-(METHYLSULFONYL)ETHANOL
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18600197062 0757-86311057-
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Nanjing Chemlin Chemical Co., Ltd