ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Hydrazine or hydroxylamine derivatives > Phenylhydrazine hydrochloride
Basic information Chemical Properties Chemical Properties Uses Uses General Description Air & Water Reactions Reactivity Profile Health Hazard Fire Hazard Safety Profile Potential Exposure First aid Shipping Purification Methods Incompatibilities Waste Disposal Safety Related Supplier
- Product Name:Phenylhydrazine hydrochloride
- Synonyms: PHENYLHYDRAZINE HCL PHENYLHYDRAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE PHENYLHYDRAZINIUM CHLORIDE PHNEYLHYDRAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE HYDRAZINOBENZENE HYDROCHLORIDE Hydrazine,phenyl-,monohydrochloride PHENYLHYDRAZINIUM CHLORIDE R. G. PhenylHydrazineHydrochlorideGr
- Product Categories: Hydrazines Nitrogen Compounds Organic Building Blocks Food&Beverage Reagents for analysis of carbohydrates Reagents for Food Analysis - HydrazinesStains and Dyes P Stains&Dyes, A to
- Mol File:59-88-1.mol
Phenylhydrazine hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:250-254 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Boiling point:236.22°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1672 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5210 (estimate)
- storage temp. −20°C
- solubility H2O: soluble50mg/mL
- form Fine Crystalline Powder
- color White to light yellow or pinkish-beige
- PH2.6-2.9 (50g/l, H2O)
- Water Solubility 50 g/L (20 ºC)
- Merck 14,7293
- BRN 3594958
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with most common metals.
- CAS DataBase Reference59-88-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemHydrazine, phenyl-, monohydrochloride(59-88-1)
Phenylhydrazine hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite to tan solid
- Chemical PropertiesPhenylhydrazine is a colorless to pale yellow liquid or solid with a weak aromatic odor.
- Usesselective mannosidase inhibitor
- Usesmanufacture of dyes, antipyrine, nitron (a stabilizer for explosives); reagent for sugars, aldehydes, ketones.
- General DescriptionWhite to tan solid with a weak aromatic odor.
- Air & Water ReactionsForms corrosive acidic solutions.
- Reactivity ProfilePhenylhydrazine hydrochloride may be corrosive to metals [USCG, 1999].
- Health HazardPhenylhydrazine hydrochloride is poisonous if swallowed or if fumes are inhaled. Dust is irritating to eyes, nose, and throat. Phenylhydrazine is a chronic poison. Phenylhydrazine is an industrial substance suspect of carcinogenic potential for humans.
- Fire HazardToxic and irritating hydrogen chloride and oxides of nitrogen may be produced in fire. May be corrosive to metals. Hazardous polymerization may not occur.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, intraperitoneal, and subcutaneous routes. Experimental reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental neoplastigenic and tumorigenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx and HCl.
- Potential ExposurePhenylhydrazine is a widely used reagent in conjunction with sugars, aldehydes, and ketones. In addition, to its use in the synthesis of dyes; pharmaceuticals, such as antipyrin; cryogenin, and pyramidone; and other organic chemicals. The hydrochloride salt is used in the treatment of polycythemia vera.
- First aidIf this chemical gets into the eyes, remove any contact lenses at once and irrigate immediately for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting upper and lower lids. Seek medical attention immediately. If this chemical contacts the skin, remove contaminated clothing and wash immediately with soap and water. Seek medical attention immediately. If this chemical has been inhaled, remove from exposure, begin rescue breathing (using universal precautions, including resuscitation mask) if breathing has stopped and CPR if heart action has stopped. Transfer promptly to a medical facility. When this chemical has been swallowed, get medical attention. Give large quantities of water and induce vomiting. Do not make an unconscious person vomit.
- ShippingUN2572 Phenylhydrazine, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials.
- Purification MethodsDissolve 100g of phenylhydrazine hydrochloride in 200mL of warm H2O (60-70o) during 1-3hours, then add 1L of boiling EtOH. The solution is filtered, while still hot, through Whatman No 2 filter paper and cooled in a refrigerator. The precipitate is collected on a medium sintered-glass filter and recrystallised twice this way, then washed with cold EtOH, dried thoroughly and stored in a stoppered brown bottle. [Peterson et al. Anal Chem 29 144 1957.] Hough, Powell and Woods [J Chem Soc 4799 1956] boiled the hydrochloride with three times its weight of water, filtered hot (charcoal), added one-third volume of concentrated HCl and cooled to 0o. The crystals were washed with acetone, and dried over P2O5 under vacuum. The salt has also been crystallised from 95% EtOH, and it can be sublimed. [Coleman Org Synth Coll Vol I 442 1941, Beilstein 15 III 71.]
- IncompatibilitiesPhenylhydrazine is very reactive with carbonyl compounds, strong oxidizers; strong bases; alkali metals; ammonia, lead dioxide (violent). Attacks copper salts, nickel, and chromates.
- Waste DisposalControlled incineration whereby oxides of nitrogen are removed from the effluent gas by scrubber, catalytic or thermal device.
Phenylhydrazine hydrochloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsTriazophosSULFENTRAZONETriazophos E.C.4-Nitrophenylhydrazine5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOL-4-AMINE1,3,3-TRIMETHYLINDOLINOBENZOPYRYLOSPIRAN5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOLE-4-CARBONITRILE1-PHENYL-5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PYRAZOLE-4-CARBONYL CHLORIDE(5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOL-4-YL)METHANOL(5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOL-4-YL)METHANAMINE5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOLE-4-CARBOXAMIDE1-PHENYL-5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1H-PYRAZOLE-4-CARBOXYLIC ACIDETHYL 2-PHENYL-3-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PYRAZOLE-4-CARBOXYLATE3-HYDROXY-1-PHENYL-6-PYRIDAZONE1-PHENYL-3-THIOSEMICARBAZIDE
- Raw materialsHydrochloric acidAniline
- BIFENAZATE 2-Ethylphenylhydrazine hydrochloride Tramadol hydrochloride 4-Hydrazinobenzoic acid hydrochloride 2,4-DICHLOROPHENYLHYDRAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE,2,4-Dichlorophenylhydrazine hydrochloride 99% Phenylhydrazine Rimantadine Ferric chloride Sibutramine hydrochloride Topotecan hydrochloride Polyvinyl chloride 4-Chlorophenylhydrazine hydrochloride Ammonium chloride Sulfuryl chloride Pyridine hydrochloride Sodium chloride 1,2-Diphenylhydrazine Potassium chloride
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:86-21-50328103 * 801、802、803、804 Mobile:18930552037
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Tel:400-610-6006; 021-67582000
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390