ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Hydrazine or hydroxylamine derivatives > Phenylhydrazine hydrochloride
Phenylhydrazine hydrochloride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:250-254 °C (dec.)(lit.)
- Boiling point:236.22°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.1672 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5210 (estimate)
- storage temp. Store below +30°C.
- solubility H2O: soluble50mg/mL
- form Fine Crystalline Powder
- color White to light yellow or pinkish-beige
- PH2.6-2.9 (50g/l, H2O)
- Water Solubility 50 g/L (20 ºC)
- Merck 14,7293
- BRN 3594958
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with most common metals.
- CAS DataBase Reference59-88-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemPhenylhydrazine hydrochloride (59-88-1)
Phenylhydrazine hydrochloride Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite to tan solid
- Chemical PropertiesPhenylhydrazine is a colorless to pale yellow liquid or solid with a weak aromatic odor.
- Usesselective mannosidase inhibitor
- Usesmanufacture of dyes, antipyrine, nitron (a stabilizer for explosives); reagent for sugars, aldehydes, ketones.
- General DescriptionWhite to tan solid with a weak aromatic odor.
- Air & Water ReactionsForms corrosive acidic solutions.
- Reactivity ProfilePhenylhydrazine hydrochloride may be corrosive to metals [USCG, 1999].
- Health HazardPhenylhydrazine hydrochloride is poisonous if swallowed or if fumes are inhaled. Dust is irritating to eyes, nose, and throat. Phenylhydrazine is a chronic poison. Phenylhydrazine is an industrial substance suspect of carcinogenic potential for humans.
- Fire HazardToxic and irritating hydrogen chloride and oxides of nitrogen may be produced in fire. May be corrosive to metals. Hazardous polymerization may not occur.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, intraperitoneal, and subcutaneous routes. Experimental reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental neoplastigenic and tumorigenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of NOx and HCl.
- Potential ExposurePhenylhydrazine is a widely used reagent in conjunction with sugars, aldehydes, and ketones. In addition, to its use in the synthesis of dyes; pharmaceuticals, such as antipyrin; cryogenin, and pyramidone; and other organic chemicals. The hydrochloride salt is used in the treatment of polycythemia vera.
- ShippingUN2572 Phenylhydrazine, Hazard Class: 6.1; Labels: 6.1-Poisonous materials.
- Purification MethodsDissolve 100g of phenylhydrazine hydrochloride in 200mL of warm H2O (60-70o) during 1-3hours, then add 1L of boiling EtOH. The solution is filtered, while still hot, through Whatman No 2 filter paper and cooled in a refrigerator. The precipitate is collected on a medium sintered-glass filter and recrystallised twice this way, then washed with cold EtOH, dried thoroughly and stored in a stoppered brown bottle. [Peterson et al. Anal Chem 29 144 1957.] Hough, Powell and Woods [J Chem Soc 4799 1956] boiled the hydrochloride with three times its weight of water, filtered hot (charcoal), added one-third volume of concentrated HCl and cooled to 0o. The crystals were washed with acetone, and dried over P2O5 under vacuum. The salt has also been crystallised from 95% EtOH, and it can be sublimed. [Coleman Org Synth Coll Vol I 442 1941, Beilstein 15 III 71.]
- IncompatibilitiesPhenylhydrazine is very reactive with carbonyl compounds, strong oxidizers; strong bases; alkali metals; ammonia, lead dioxide (violent). Attacks copper salts, nickel, and chromates.
- Waste DisposalControlled incineration whereby oxides of nitrogen are removed from the effluent gas by scrubber, catalytic or thermal device.
Phenylhydrazine hydrochloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation ProductsTriazophosSULFENTRAZONETriazophos E.C.4-Nitrophenylhydrazine5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOL-4-AMINE1,3,3-TRIMETHYLINDOLINOBENZOPYRYLOSPIRAN5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOLE-4-CARBONITRILE1-PHENYL-5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PYRAZOLE-4-CARBONYL CHLORIDE(5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOL-4-YL)METHANOL(5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOL-4-YL)METHANAMINE5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1-PHENYL-1H-PYRAZOLE-4-CARBOXAMIDE1-PHENYL-5-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)-1H-PYRAZOLE-4-CARBOXYLIC ACIDETHYL 2-PHENYL-3-(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PYRAZOLE-4-CARBOXYLATE3-HYDROXY-1-PHENYL-6-PYRIDAZONE1-PHENYL-3-THIOSEMICARBAZIDE
- Raw materialsHydrochloric acidAniline
- FLUOXETINE HYDROCHLORIDE Mafenide hydrochloride Metformin hydrochloride Aniline hydrochloride 2,4,6-TRIFLUOROPHENYLHYDRAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2,5-BIS(TRIFLUOROMETHLY)PHENYLHYDRAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE,2,5-BIS(TRIFLUOROMETHYL)PHENYLHYDRAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2,6-DICHLOROPHENYLHYDRAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE,2,6-Dichlorophenylhydrazine hydrochloride, 98+% Methoxyammonium chloride 4-BROMOPHENYLHYDRAZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 4-Fluorophenylhydrazine hydrochloride Methylene Chloride 4-Methoxyphenylhydrazine hydrochloride 4-Methylphenylhydrazine hydrochloride 4-Bromophenylhydrazine hydrochloride Triethylamine hydrochloride 2-Ethylphenylhydrazine hydrochloride Tramadol hydrochloride 4-Hydrazinobenzoic acid hydrochloride
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI AMERICA Gold
- Tel:+1-800-423-8616 / +1-503-283-1681
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar