ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organic fluorine compound > Fluorotoluene series > 4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride
4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-36 °C
- Boiling point:136-138 °C(lit.)
- Density 1.353 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- refractive index n
- Flash point:117 °F
- storage temp. Flammables area
- solubility 56mg/l
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless
- Specific Gravity1.353
- Water Solubility 29 ppm (23 ºC)
- Merck 14,2126
- BRN 510203
- Stability:Stable, but heat and light sensitive. Reacts vigorously with oxidizing agents. Flammable. Incompatible with sodium dimethyl sulfonate, strong bases.
- CAS DataBase Reference98-56-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceBenzene, 1-chloro-4-(trifluoromethyl)-(98-56-6)
- EPA Substance Registry Systemp-Chlorobenzotrifluoride (98-56-6)
4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride Usage And Synthesis
- Description4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride acts as an important intermediate for dyes, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, insecticides and herbicides. It is widely used in various applications including adhesives, pigments, sealant chemicals, paints and coatings as well as being used as an active component of polyurethane finishes. It is also used as an environmental friendly solvent for cleaning or degreasing and dielectric fluid. Because of its high capacity to dissolve inks, it is also used in the printing industry. Finally, it also finds applications in xylene replacement in cleaners, thinners and other aromatic hydrocarbon blends1. Other applications for PCBTF include resins, epoxy resins, diluents, graffiti removers, and various other solvent applications.
- Chemical PropertiesChlorobenzotrifluoride is a colorless, highly flammable liquid.
- UsesA benzene derivative; displays mutagenic and toxic activity.
- UsesChemical intermediate for dinitroaniline herbicides, dyes. As dielectric fluid and as solvent.
- General DescriptionClear colorless liquid with an aromatic odor.
- Air & Water ReactionsHighly flammable. Insoluble in water.
- Reactivity Profile4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride is sensitive to heat and light. 4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride reacts vigorously with oxidizing materials such as permanganates and dichromates. 4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride is incompatible with strong bases. 4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride is also incompatible with sodium dimethyl sulfonate.
- Fire Hazard4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride is combustible.
- Safety ProfileMildly toxic by ingestion and inhalation. Human mutation data reported. Flammable. Strongly exothermic reaction with sodium dimethylsulfinate. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of Fand Cl-. See also CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS, AROMATIC; and FLUORIDES.
- Potential ExposureThis material is used in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals; dyes, dielectrics, and insecticides.
- ShippingUN2234 Chlorobenzotrifluorides, Hazard Class: 3; Labels: 3-Flammable liquid.
- Purification MethodsPurify it as for o-chlorobenzotrifluoride above. [Beilstein 5 IV 815.]
- IncompatibilitiesVapors may form explosive mixture with air. Violent reaction with strong oxidizers, such as permanganates and dichromates, chlorates, nitrates, peroxides, perchlorates, chlorine, bromine, fluorine, etc.; contact may cause fires or explosions. Keep away from alkaline materials, strong bases, strong acids, oxoacids, epoxides. Mixture with sodium dimethyl 5-sulphonatoisophthalate (3965-55-7) may cause explosion.
- Waste DisposalIn accordance with 40CFR165 recommendations for the disposal of pesticides and pesticide containers. Must be disposed properly by following package label directions or by contacting your local or federal environmental control agency, or by contacting your regional EPA office.
4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Chlorobenzene Difluorochloromethane 3,4-Dichlorobenzotrifluoride 4-(Trifluoromethoxy)chlorobenzene 4-Chlorobenzotrifluoride Allylbenzene Diethylstilbestrol 4-Chlorotoluene 1,4-Bis(trifluoromethyl)-benzene 3-Bromobenzotrifluoride 3-Aminobenzotrifluoride 2,4-Dichlorobenzotrifluoride Benzotrifluoride ORTHO-CHLOROBENZOTRIFLUORIDE,2-Chlorobenzotrifluoride99%,2-Chlorobenzotrifluoride 99% Chloroacetic acid Benzene 4-Bromobenzotrifluoride 3-Fluorobenzotrifluoride
- Company Name:Zouping Mingxing Chemical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13605431940 13605431940
- Company Name:Tianjin Zhongxin Chemtech Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar