Cocoyl amide propyldimethyl glycine
Cocoyl amide propyldimethyl glycine Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionCocamidopropyl betaine is an important zwitterionic surfactant, with a mild detergent action that is also more viscous than the other types of surfactant.
- Chemical PropertiesCocamidopropyl Betaine (CAB) is an organic compound derived from coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine. It is a zwitterion, consisting of both a quaternary ammonium cation and a carboxylate. CAB is available as viscous pale yellow solution that is used as a surfactant in personal care products.
- Usescocamidopropyl betaine is a surfactant derived from a coconut oil salt. It is particularly effective in shampoos, foam baths, shower foams, and other preparations where high, creamy foam and good skin tolerance are desired.
- UsesCocamidopropyl betaine is an amphoteric surfactant, which enjoys increasing popularity among cosmetic chemists because of its low potential for irritation of the skin. It is used especially in shampoos and bath products such as bath and shower gels. Most cases of allergy are caused by shampoos . Thus, Cocamidopropyl betaine is the exception to the rule that allergic reactions arc usually caused by “stay-on” (“leave-on”) cosmetic products. However, Cocamidopropyl betaine may also be an allergen in other cosmetic products such as skin care products and deodorants and in contact lens fluids.
- UsesCocamidopropyl betaine is one of themost common surface-acting agents used incosmetics, including the following:
1. Cosmetics (shampoos, cleansing lotions and gels, detergents, and hair dyes and styling products)
2. Contact lens solutions
- DefinitionCocamidopropyl betaine, an amphoteric surfactant, is one of the most commonly used surfactants in cosmetics. It is synthesized from three substances: a coca fatty acid, dimethylaminopropylamine, and rnonochloroacetic acid. It is patch tested as a 1% concentration in water.
- Contact allergensCocamidopropyl betaine is a pseudo-amphoteric zwitterion detergent derived from long-chain alkylbetaines. It is available from many suppliers under more than 50 trade names (including Tego-betain L7 and Ampholyt JB 130). Exposure occurs via rinse-off products such as liquid soaps, shampoos, and shower gels, but also via leave-on products (for example, roll-on deodorant). Occupational sources are mainly in hairdressing. The first synthesis step consists of the reaction of coconut fatty acids with 3-dimethylaminopropylamine, giving cocamidopropyl dimethylamine. This amido amine is converted into cocamidopropyl betaine by reaction with sodium monochloroacetate. Both dimethylaminopropylamine and cocamidopropyl dimethylamine are thought to be the sensitizers.
Cocoyl amide propyldimethyl glycine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Raw materialsChloroacetic acid sodium salt
- Cocamidopropyl hydroxysulfobetaine Dihydromyricetin DMY Imidazolium compounds, 1-(carboxymethyl)-4,5-dihydro-1-(hydroxyethyl)-2-norcoco alkyl, hydroxides, inner salts Cocodimethylamine Glycine, N-coco acyl derivs., sodium salts BIS(2-HYDROXYETHYL) COCOAMINE OXIDE TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE 2,4-PENTANEDIONE, SILVER DERIVATIVE Cupric acetylacetonate DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) Aluminum acetylacetonate Ethyl isocyanoacetate METHYL ISOCYANOACETATE COBALT ETHYLENE DIAMINE CHLORIDE Tris(2,4-pentanedionato)chroMiuM(III) Betaine hydrochloride Ethanol, 2,2'-iminobis-, N-coco alkyl derivs.
Cocoyl amide propyldimethyl glycineSupplierMore
- Company Name:Chengdu HuaXia Chemical Reagent Co. Ltd Gold
- Tel:18981987031 400-1196-196
- Company Name:Shandong Anmi Chemical Technology Co. Ltd Gold
- Tel:13396436781 0533-2115911-
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519
- Company Name:Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:Beijing Ouhe Technology Co., Ltd
- Tel:13552068683 010-82967028-