ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Circulatory system drugs > Antihypertensive drugs > Sorafenib tosylate
Basic information Indications and Usage Mechanisms of Action Clinical Research Adverse reactions Safety Related Supplier
Sorafenib tosylate Chemical Properties
- CAS DataBase Reference475207-59-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
Sorafenib tosylate Usage And Synthesis
- Indications and UsageSorafenib tosylate is a new type of multi-target antitumor drug, was developed by the German Bayer Pharmaceuticals, and displayed expansive antitumor activity in preclinical animal tests. Sorafenib tosylate is mainly used in advanced liver cancer treatment and is well tolerated.
- Mechanisms of ActionSorafenib tosylate can simultaneously affect tumor cells and tumor blood vessels. It has a double antitumor effect: it can block the cell signal transduction pathways mediated by RAF/MEK/ERK to directly inhibit tumor cell growth, while also inhibiting VEGF and platelet derived growth factors (PDGF) receptors to prevent the formation of new tumor blood vessels, thus indirectly inhibiting tumor cell growth.
- Clinical ResearchIn a stage three randomized clinical study of American and European treatments for advanced kidney cancer, 903 cases advanced kidney patients who had experienced one unsuccessful systematic treatment (biological immunity or chemotherapy) were randomly split into two groups. One group received sorafenib tosylate, while the other received a placebo. Mid-term analysis found already 222 deaths and the objective efficacy of the two groups to be 10% and 2%, while 74% and 53% of patients had stabilized conditions. The sorafenib tosylate group’s survival period was longer than that of the placebo group, with the risk ratio as 0.72. However, this different does not have statistical significance, as this is only a mid-term analysis, and final analysis after treatment will yield the correct survival period comparison.
602 advanced liver cancer patients selected from the USA, Europe, Australia, and other countries and areas, who did not receive systematic treatment, were included in a study. Results showed that compared to the placebo, taking sorafenib tosylate could extend their total survival period of patients with late stage or primary liver cancer by about 44% and their extend disease progression period by about 73%.
- Adverse reactionsManageable diarrhea, rashes, fatigue, hand-foot syndrome, hypertension, alopecia, nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite.
- UsesSorafenib Tosylate (Bay 43-9006, Nexavar) is a small molecular inhibitor of VEGFR, PDGFR, c-Raf and B-Raf with IC50s of 18 nM, 10 nM, 3 nM and 15 nM, respectively.
- UsesSorafenib Tosylate (Bay 43-9006) is a multikinase inhibitor of Raf-1, B-Raf and VEGFR-2 with IC50 of 6 nM, 22 nM and 90 nM, respectively
- UsesAn inhibitor of Flk-1 (VEGFR), PDGFR and Raf kinases.
- brand nameNexavar (Bayer).
- General DescriptionSorafenib is available in 200-mg tablets for oral administrationand is used in the treatment of RCC and colon cancer.The agent is classified as a multikinase inhibitor because ofits action on numerous kinase enzymes including thePDGF-R, VEGF-R, Kit, and Raf. Sorafenib is 39% to 48% bioavailable and CYP3A4-mediated metabolism giveseight identified metabolites including the N-oxide, which isequally active with the parent. However, the majority of thedrug in plasma is present as the parent compound.Sorafenib is highly protein bound (99.5%). The drug iseliminated primarily in the feces (77%) with 19% appearingin the urine as glucuronides (UGT1A1) and has a eliminationhalf-life of 24 to 48 hours. The most commonly seentoxicity is skin rash that normally occurs within the first6 weeks of therapy. Other adverse effects include hypertension,fatigue, increased wound healing time, and increasedrisk of bleeding.
- 4-Chloro-alpha,alpha,alpha-trifluoro-m-toluidine 4-(4-Aminophenoxy)-N-methylpicolinamide Bortezomib Dasatinib Unii-33Y9anm545 Sunitinib Malate Ibrutinib N-(3-(5-(4-Chlorophenyl)-1H-pyrrolo[2,3-B]pyridine-3-carbonyl)-2,4-difluorophenyl)propane-1-sulfonaMide Sorafenib tosylate Formamide p-Toluenesulfonic acid 4-Methoxyphenylacetone Sorafenib tosylate 4-CHLOROBENZOYLACETONITRILE CHLOANTRANILIPROLE Benzamide Diphenyldimethoxysilane N,N-Dimethylformamide
- Company Name:Nanjing First Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13585105703 025-83172655-
- Company Name:Guangzhou Isun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18927568969 020-39119399-
- Company Name:Yangzhou QinYuan Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13773367191 0514-80939770
- Company Name:Target molecule Corp. Gold
- Company Name:Jinan Winwind Biological Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Aug 14，2019