ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Urinary System Drugs > Diabetes insipidus Drugs > Argipressine
Argipressine Chemical Properties
- Density 1.59±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- Flash point:113℃
- storage temp. 2-8°C
Argipressine Usage And Synthesis
- UsesHormone (antidiuretic).
- DefinitionChEBI: The predominant form of mammalian vasopressin (antidiuretic hormone). It is a nonapeptide containing an arginine at residue 8 and two disulfide-linked cysteines at residues of 1 and 6.
- IndicationsADH (vasopressin) is released primarily in response to increases in plasma osmolarity or decreases in blood volume. It produces its antidiuretic activity in the kidney, causing the cortical and medullary parts of the collecting duct to become more permeable to water, thereby increasing water reabsorption, reducing serum osmolarity, and increasing its volume. It produces this effect by binding to a subset of vasopressin receptors called V2 that have relatively high affinity for the hormone. ADH also has actions at sites other than the kidney. V2 receptors also mediate an increase in circulating levels of two proteins involved in blood coagulation: factor VIII and von Willebrand’s factor.At higher concentrations, ADH interacts with V1 receptors to cause a general constriction of most blood vessels. It also interacts with V3 (or V1b) receptors to increase ACTH release, although the major control of ACTH release occurs through corticotropin-releasing hormone.
- brand namePitressin (Parke-Davis).
- General DescriptionVasopressin tannate (PitressinTannate) is a water-insoluble tannate of vasopressin administeredintramuscularly (1.5–5.0 pressor units daily)for its prolonged duration of action by the slow release ofvasopressin. It is particularly useful for patients who havediabetes insipidus, but it should never be used intravenously.
- HazardA poison.
- Mechanism of actionADH itself is available for injections (Pitressin) but has a half-life of about 15 minutes. Desmopressin (DDAVP) is an analogue without an amino group at the first amino acid and with D-arginine instead of Larginine. This analogue is more stable and has very little pressor activity. Desmopressin can be given subcutaneously or nasally, and the effects last for 12 hours.
- Clinical UseBecause it is stable, desmopressin is preferred for
treatments especially if pressor effects are not desired.
The primary indication for therapy is central diabetes
insipidus, a disorder that results when ADH secretion is
reduced and that is characterized by polydipsia,
polyuria, and dehydration. Desmopressin is also used to
reduce primary nocturnal enuresis, or bedwetting, in
children. It is useful in people with mild hemophilia A
or with some types of von Willebrand’s disease, in which
von Willebrand’s factor is present at low levels. In these
cases, desmopressin is given when excessive bleeding
occurs or before surgery to help reduce bleeding indirectly
by increasing the amounts of coagulation factors.
A possible adverse effect of desmopressin is water intoxication
if too much is taken.
ADH antagonists, including nonpeptide analogues that may be taken orally, have been developed with specificity for each of the receptor types. In the future, those that block V1 receptors may be useful in treating hypertension, and those that block V2 receptors may be useful in any condition of excessive water retention or hyponatremia, for which so far there is no satisfactory therapeutic treatment.
- Safety ProfileA poison by intravenous route.When heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors ofNOx and SOx.
Argipressine Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Preparation Productslong-acting vasopressinl
- argipressin, beta-mercapto-beta, beta-cyclopentamethylenepropionic acid(1)-O-methyl-Tyr(2)-LysNH2(9)- argipressin, beta-mercapto-(beta,beta)cyclopentamethylenepropionic acid(1)-Ile(2)-Thr(4)- argipressin, Pro(4)- argipressin,beta-mercapto-beta,beta-cyclopentamethylenepropionic acid(1)-Val(4)- argipressin, (3,4-dehydro-Pro)(7)- argipressin (5-9), (2-1')-disulfide Cys(6)- VASOPRESSIN, 8-ARGININE, [PHENYLALANYL-3,4,5-3H(N)]- VASOPRESSIN, [ARG8, TYROSYL-3,5-3H] BIOTINYL-CYS-TYR-PHE-GLN-ASN-CYS-PRO-ARG-GLY-NH2 ([125I]-TYR)-(ARG8)-VASOPRESSIN H-VAL-ASP-CYS-TYR-PHE-GLN-ASN-CYS-PRO-ARG-GLY-NH2 Desmopressin acetate arginine vasopressin，AVP L(+)-Arginine N-(N-(N-Glycylglycyl)glycyl)-8-L-lysinevasopressin Arginine Desmopressin Argipressine
- Company Name:Hangzhou Peptide Biochem Co.,Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:Alabiochem Tech.Co., Ltd.
- Tel:13962259467 0512-58900862
- Company Name:ChemFuture PharmaTech (Jiangsu) Ltd