17alpha-Ethynyl-19-nortestosterone 17-heptanoate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:69.5°C
- Boiling point:470.54°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.0736 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.4700 (estimate)
- color Crystals from pet ether
- CAS DataBase Reference3836-23-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- ToxicityTDLo vn-wmn: 4 mg/kg:EYE ADVPB4 8,103,72
17alpha-Ethynyl-19-nortestosterone 17-heptanoate Usage And Synthesis
- Manufacturing Process1 g 17-ethinyl-19-nor-testosteron was refluxed with 5 ml of enanthic acid anhydride on an oil bath at temperature 180°C 17 hours. Then the reaction mixture was distilled with water steam to the full disappearence of smell of enantic acid. After that it was washed with 2 N sodium hydroxide and finally with water to neutral, dried over sodium sulfate and evaporated to dryness. The oily residue was rubbed with some drops of methanol and stood at -8°C 24 hours to give the crystals of 3-endol diester; MP: 82°-84°C, 2 g of it was dissolved in 120 ml of methanol and heated with 1.2 ml concentrated hydrochloric acid. The partly saponified product was distilled with water steam to full disappearence of smell of enantic acid. The residue was mixed with ether, washed with 2 N sulfuric acid, 2 N sodium hydroxide, finally with water to neutral dried over sodium sulfate and evaporated to dryness. The residue was stirred with pentane and cooled for crystallization. Pure enanthate was crystallized after repeated solution in pentane. 17-α-Ethinyl-19nortestosterone enanthate had MP: 68°-71°C.
- brand nameBinovum;Brevicon;Brevinor;Conceplan;Doryxas;Gesta plan;Lg 335;Menonorm;Miconor;Neocon;Nor 50;Norimin;Noristerat;Norlutate acetate;Nor-q-d;Norquentiel;Norquest fe;Novulon;Nur-isterate;Orlestrin;Ortho-novum;Ovcon-50;Ovismen;Ovysmen;Tri-norinyl.
- Therapeutic FunctionProgestin
- World Health Organization (WHO)Norethisterone enantate was introduced in 1978 for use as a longacting injectable contraceptive. Risk-benefit judgements differ significantly from country to country, having regard to differing national circumstances. Norethisterone enantate is, however, widely available and is included as a complementary drug in the WHO Model List of Essential Drugs. (Reference: (WHODI) WHO Drug Information, 2(1), , 1988)
- Safety ProfileAn experimental teratogen.Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenicdata. Human systemic effects by intravenous route:increased intraocular pressure. Human reproductiveeffects by intramuscular route: menstrual cycle changes ordisorders, ch
- β-ESTRADIOL Estriol Dexamethasone 21-phosphate disodium salt TRENBOLONE ENANTHATE Gliclazide Mifepristone Ethynyl estradiol Betamethasone 17-valerate Levonorgestrel Heptanoic acid Norethindrone Nandrolone Lynestrenol Normethisterone Nandrolone 17-propionate 19-NORTESTOSTERONE ACETATE Cyclohexanemethanol, alpha-ethynyl-, butyrate 17alpha-Ethynyl-19-nortestosterone 17-heptanoate
- Company Name:ZHIWE CHEMTECH CO LTD
- Tel:13651696729 021-20221225-
- Company Name:XiaoGan ShenYuan ChemPharm co,ltd
- Tel:15527768850 0712-2580635-
- Company Name:China Langchem Inc.
- Company Name:Hangzhou Yuhao Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Company Name:BOC Sciences