ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Inorganic chemistry > Inorganic salts > Metal halide and Halogen salt > Metal fluoride and salt > Potassium hexafluorozirconate
Potassium hexafluorozirconate Chemical Properties
- Melting point:840°C
- Density 3,5 g/cm3
- form powder
- Water Solubility Slightly soluble in cold water, soluble in hot water
- Merck 14,7639
- Solubility Product Constant (Ksp)pKsp: 3.3
- CAS DataBase Reference16923-95-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemZirconium potassium fluoride (16923-95-8)
Potassium hexafluorozirconate Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite crystals. Soluble in water (hot).
- UsesFor manufacture of metallic zirconium.
- General DescriptionA white crystalline solid. The primary hazard Potassium hexafluorozirconate the threat posed to the environment. Immediate steps should be taken to limit its spread to the environment. Potassium hexafluorozirconate is slightly soluble in water. Potassium hexafluorozirconate is used in metal processing, as a catalyst in chemical manufacture, and for other uses.
- Air & Water ReactionsSoluble in hot water [Hawley].
- Reactivity ProfileAcidic inorganic salts, such as Potassium hexafluorozirconate, are generally soluble in water. The resulting solutions contain moderate concentrations of hydrogen ions and have pH's of less than 7.0. They react as acids to neutralize bases. These neutralizations generate heat, but less or far less than is generated by neutralization of inorganic acids, inorganic oxoacids, and carboxylic acid. They usually do not react as either oxidizing agents or reducing agents but such behavior is not impossible. Many of these compounds catalyze organic reactions.
- Health HazardINHALATION: Irritation, nose bleed possible. SKIN: May cause granulomatous reactions. INGESTION: Burning pain in the mouth and throat, vomiting, watery or bloody diarrhea, retching anuria, liver damage and collapse.
- Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of F and K2O. See also FLUORIDES and ZIRCONIUM COMPOUNDS.
- Purification MethodsRecrystallise it from hot water (solubility is 0.78% at 2o and 25% at 100o).
Potassium hexafluorozirconate Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Zirconium Potassium fluoride Potassium lactate Potassium bromate Ammonium hexafluorozirconate Potassium nitrate Potassium Potassium Citrate Potassium iodate POTASSIUM PHOSPHITE Potassium sorbate Potassium iodide Potassium chlorate Potassium chloride Potassium persulfate Zirconium fluoride Potassium hexafluorozirconate Potassium Acetate
- Company Name:Shanghai Aladdin Bio-Chem Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Tel:400-620-6333 021-20337333-801
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:010-57411838 010-57411839-
- Company Name:Shanghai Mintchem Development Co., Ltd
- Tel:021 6845 0923