PICEATANNOL Chemical Properties
- Melting point:223-227 °C
- Boiling point:108°C/0.04mmHg(lit.)
- Density 1.1245 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.5190 (estimate)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 0.5 mg/mL
- form powder
- color light tan to yellow
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- HS Code 29072990
PICEATANNOL Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionPiceatannol is a chemical compound with similar structure to resveratrol, being widely existed in vegetables such as grapes, blueberries and passion fruit. It is capable of inhibiting the growth of immature adipocytes, so as to achieve the purpose of weight loss. In addition, it also helps prevent cancer, heart disease and neurological diseases.
In early April 2012, researchers in Purdue University has published a new study in 《Biochemistry》journal, finding that piceatannol can delay the production of new fat cells, and inhibit the growth of immature fat cells into mature cells, which can help control the obesity. The researchers also claim that while this study shows that red wine helps to lose weight, further research is needed to improve the stability and solubility of the white fat to maximize its effect.
Laboratory preparation: 3, 4-dimethoxybenzyl alcohol is used as the starting material; to obtain the target product; the raw material needs to undergo bromination, Arbuzov rearrangement reaction, Wittig-Horner reaction and demethylation reaction.
- ApplicationAntioxidants, having anti-inflammatory, anti-thrombotic, anti-cancer, anti-cancer, anti-hyperlipidemia, anti-bacterial activities.
- Chemical Propertiesyellow to golden or green crystalline powder
- UsesA human metabolite of Resveratrol (R150000).
- DefinitionChEBI: A stilbenol that is trans-stilbene in which one of the phenyl groups is substituted by hydroxy groups at positions 3 and 4, while the other phenyl group is substituted by hydroxy groups at positions 3 and 5.
- Biological ActivityAnti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and antiproliferative agent. Inhibits p56 lck and syk protein tyrosine kinases and inhibits TNF-induced NF- κ B activation and gene expression. Synthesis results from conversion of resveratrol (5-[(1E)-2-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)ethenyl]-1,3,benzenediol ) by cytochrome P450 1B1.
- 3,4',5-TRIMETHOXY-TRANS-STILBENE Resveratrol-3-4'-Disulfate trans Resveratrol 3-O-β-D-Glucuronide Dihydroresveratrol CIS-TRIMETHOXY STILBENE Resveratrol-13C6-3-O-beta-D-Glucuronide 4-[2-(3,5-dihydroxyphenyl)ethenyl]benzene-1,3-diol trans/cis Resveratrol-D4 Azo-Resveratrol cis Resveratrol trans Resveratrol 4O-b-D-Glucuronide trans Resveratrol-3,5-disulfate 4'-Methoxyresveratrol Resveratrol 3-Sulfat-4’glucuronide 1-O-Levulinoyl Resveratrol Diacetate Resveratrol cis Resveratrol 3-O-b-D-Glucuronide 3,5-DIHYDROXY-4'-METHOXYSTILBENE 3-O-BETA-D-GLUCOSIDE
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:future industrial shanghai co., ltd