ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Flavors and fragrances > Synthetic fragrances > Thioethers spices > Diallyl sulfide
Basic information General Description Physical & Chemical Properties Preparation Method Uses Toxicity Maximum limits Safety Related Supplier
- Product Name:Diallyl sulfide
- Synonyms: diallylsulfane NSC 20947 Allyl sulfide 97% Diallyl sulfide for synthesis allylmonosulfide di-2-propenyl sulfide Diallyl monosulfide Diallyl thioather
- Product Categories: sulfide Flavor Allium cepa (Onion) Allium sativum (Garlic) Armoracia rusticana (Horseradish) Building Blocks Chemical Synthesis Nutrition Research Organic Building Blocks Phytochemicals by Plant (Food/Spice/Herb) Sulfides/Disulfides Sulfur Compounds
- Mol File:592-88-1.mol
Diallyl sulfide Chemical Properties
- Melting point:-83 °C
- Boiling point:138 °C(lit.)
- Density 0.887 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- vapor density 3.9 (vs air)
- vapor pressure 7 mm Hg ( 20 °C)
- refractive index n
- FEMA 2042 | ALLYL SULFIDE
- Flash point:115 °F
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- form Liquid
- color Clear colorless
- explosive limit1.1%(V)
- Water Solubility Soluble in alcohol, chloroform, ether, and carbon tetrachloride. Insoluble in water.
- Merck 14,297
- JECFA Number458
- BRN 1736016
- CAS DataBase Reference592-88-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference1-Propene, 3,3'-thiobis-(592-88-1)
- EPA Substance Registry System1-Propene, 3,3'-thiobis-(592-88-1)
Diallyl sulfide Usage And Synthesis
- General DescriptionDiallyl sulfide refers to the following 4 ingredients: diallyl monosulfide, diallyl disulfide, diallyl trisulfide and diallyl tetrasulfide, which exist in putrefaction decomposer of vegetables, green onion and the fruit of.cruciferous plants. As the main component of garlic extract, it is featured with strong anti-cancer, anti-virus, antibacterial activity, strong inhibition of platelet aggregation and immunity improvement. It has been widely used in the industries such as medical and health, fodder and the like.
- Physical & Chemical PropertiesIt is an oily substance scented with garlic. Boiling point: 139 ° C (101.056Pa), relative density: 0.8876, refractive index: 1.4877. Soluble in organic solvents such as ether and the like, insoluble in water. Also it can be oxidized to diallyl sulfone. Figure 1: Diallyl Disulfide Figure 2: Diallyl trisulfide
- Preparation MethodThe two main methods for preparation of diallyl sulfide are: biological extraction and chemical synthesis.
- Biological extraction
Process for allicin extraction: fermentation temperature: 50 ~ 55 ℃, fermentation duration: 2h ~ 3h, add water into the garlic with the proportion of 1: 4 water, distilled for the duration of 1.5h ~ 2h.
Organic solvent extraction method is to use organic solvent as extraction agent, and extract the active ingredients of natural products at a certain temperature and extraction duration. Usually methanol, ethanol, acetone, ethyl ether or the mixture of these solvents are used as the organic solvents. Compared withthe steam distillation extraction, the advantage of the organic solvent extraction is that the extract has higher purity. Also it is one of the traditional extraction methods.
Use ethanol with volume fraction of 95% as the extraction solvent, and add the extractant in proportion of 1g: 4mL. First the enzymolysis time was 0.5h when the temperature is set to 40 ℃; then have the extraction for 1.5h when the temperature is set to 30 ℃; finally set the temperature at 50 ℃, and have it concentrated under reduced pressure in a steamer rotating at a speed of 4500r / min to extract allicin. The extraction rate can reach 0.24%.
- Chemical synthesis
Figure 3： Synthetic route
- UsesUsed as a reagent.
Used in the industries such as medical and health, fodder and the like.
- Maximum limitsFEMA (mg / kg): Drinks 0.04; Cold Drink 0.06; Confectionery 0.07; Bakery Products 0.05; Seasoning 13; Meat 3.7.
FDA, § 172.515: Appropriate amount.
- Chemical Propertiesclear colorless liquid
- Chemical PropertiesA colorless liquid with characteristic garlic odor. Oil-soluble component of garlic
- OccurrenceReported found in garlic (Allium sativum L.), onion (Allium cepa L.), nira (Allium tuberosum Rottl.), caucas (Allium victoralis L.), mustard (Brassica species) and cooked/boiled beef
- Usesantibacterial, antifungal, antineoplastic, antihypercholesterolaemic, hepatoprotectant
- Usesmanufacture of flavors.
- PreparationFrom allyl iodide plus potassium sulfide in alcoho
- Aroma threshold valuesDetection at 0.05 ppb
- Taste threshold valuesTaste characteristics at 2 ppm: sulfureous, onion–garlic and vegetative radish-like with a slightly hot nuance
- Anticancer ResearchIt is a thioether, found in garlic, inhibits cytochrome P450 IIE1 isoform, and therebysuppresses carcinogenesis (Aggarwal and Shishodia 2004). The consumption ofgarlic provides protection from gastrointestinal cancers and also suppresses theprogression of colorectal adenomas (Hosseini and Ghorbani 2015).
Diallyl sulfide Preparation Products And Raw materials
- 2-([3-PHENYL-4-OXO-5-(3-ETHYL-6-METHOXY-2-BENZOTHIAZOLYLIDENE)-ETHYLIDENE-2-THIAZOLINYLIDENE]-METHYL)-3-METHYL-4,5-DIPHENYL THIAZOLINIUM IODIDE THIOLACTOMYCIN AKOS BBS-00005012 Diallyl sulfide Sodium allylsulfonate Diallyldisulfide, remainder mainly diallyl sulfide,Diallyldisulfide, 70%, remainder mainly diallyl sulfide Allicin Allyl glycidyl ether Sodium sulfide CARBONYL SULFIDE Allyl alcohol Diallylamine Allyl ether Diallyl trisulfide Allyl mercaptan 1,5-HEXADIENE Allyl chloride 2,2'-Thiobisethylamine
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)
- Company Name:Alfa Aesar
- Tel:400-610-6006; 021-67582000
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:021-58432009 / 400-005-6266