ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Amino Acids and Derivatives > Other Amino Acid Protection > Thymosin α1
Thymosin α1 Chemical Properties
- Boiling point:2899.7±65.0 °C(Predicted)
- Density 1.360±0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. −20°C
- solubility It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized Thymosin a1 in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100 μg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- color Sterile Filtered White lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder.
- Stability:Lyophilized Thymosin a1 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution Thymalfasin should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C.
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Please prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- WGK Germany 3
Thymosin α1 Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionThymosin-α1 (T-α1), a synthetic 28-amino acid peptide with multiple biological activities primarily directed towards immune response enhancement, this drug is used for the treatment of HBV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) infections, and being developed for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), hepatocellular carcinoma, AIDS and malignant melanoma. T-α1 is able to potentiate the action of cytokines and also reduce the hematological toxicity of cytotoxic drug therapy, such as cyclophosphamide, 5-fluorouracil, dacarbazine.
- UsesZadax-in (SciClone).
Thymosin alpha 1 is a peptide naturally occurring in the thymus that has long been recognized for modifying, enhancing, and restoring immune function.
Immune enhancing peptide
Helps prevent infections such as the common cold or the flu and diseases
Reduces inflammation in the body
Aids in the removal of acute or chronic infections
Has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties
Supports the eradication of unhealthy cells
Protects your cells against oxidative stress and damage
Inhibits viral replication
Improve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue
Thymosin alpha 1 has been utilized in the treatment of immunocompromised states and malignancies, as an enhancer of vaccine response, and as a means of curbing morbidity and mortality in sepsis and numerous infections.
- Biological FunctionsThymalfasin is a synthetic analogue of thymosin-alpha-1, a 28-amino acid protein derived from the precursor protein prothymosin-alpha. Exhibiting a variety of immunoregulating properties, thymosin-alpha-1 induces differentiation of murine T-cell precursors and human thymocytes and the terminal differentiation of functionally immature cord blood lymphocytes and induces production of IL-2, high affinity IL-2 receptors, and B-cell growth factors by peripheral blood mononuclear cells. T-helper and cytotoxic/suppressor T-cell populations are targets of thymosin activity. Thymosin-alpha-1 has been shown to increase the efficiency of antigen presentation by macrophages and to be an endogenous modulator of alpha-thrombin activity.
- Synthesis Reference(s)Thymosin α1 (Tα1), a 28-amino acid Nα-acetylated peptide, has a powerful general immunostimulating activity. Although biosynthesis is an attractive means of large-scale manufacture, to date, Tα1 can only be chemosynthesized because of two obstacles to its biosynthesis: the difficulties in expressing small peptides and obtaining Nα-acetylation. In this study, we describe a novel production process for Nα-acetylated Tα1 in Escherichia coli.
Synthesis of Thymosin α1, a Polypeptide of the Thymus
Production of Nα-acetylated thymosin α1 in Escherichia coli
Synthesis of thymosin .alpha.1
- Clinical claims and researchThymosin α1 (Tα1) is a 28 amino acid peptide produced by thymic epithelial cellslocated in the outer cortex and medulla of the thymus (Hirokawa et al., 1982).Invitro studies involving the use of bone marrow and progenitor cell cocultures haverevealed Tα1's capacity to stimulate thymocyte maturation (Knutsen et al.,1999).Inaddition，the administration of Tα1 in mice has resulted in notable increases inmurine thymic size and thymocyte numbers，further demonstrating Tal's abilityto enhance thymocyte growth (Beuth et al., 2000).Tα1 is likely to exert its stimula-tory effect on developing thymocytes partly by acting as an anti-apoptotic agent(Baumann et al.，1996). Interestingly，the addition of Tα1 to thymocyte andthymic epithelial cell cocultures was found to increase the production of IL-7 byepithelial cells, suggesting that the enhancing effect of Tal on thymopoiesis may bethrough the induction of IL-7 (Knutsen et al.，1999).
Basic Biology and Clinical Impact of Immunosenescence
- Eptifibatide Thymopentin Thymosin beta 4 acetate THYMOPENTIN THYMOSIN ALPHA1 (DEACETYLATED) (HUMAN, BOVINE, MOUSE, RAT) [LYS23]-THYMOSIN ALPHA1 FRAGMENT 23-27 thymosin alpha(11) COBALT(II) ACETYLACETONATE Ferric acetylacetonate [AC-TYR0]-THYMOSIN-ALPHA1 DICHLORO(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)PLATINUM(II) Aluminum acetylacetonate Ethyl isocyanoacetate TERT-BUTYL ISOCYANIDE TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)DYSPROSIUM(III) Cupric acetylacetonate TRIS(2,2,6,6-TETRAMETHYL-3,5-HEPTANEDIONATO)EUROPIUM(III) N-BUTYLISOCYANIDE
- Company Name:MC BIOTECH (SHANGHAI) LIMITED Gold
- Company Name:Nanjing Peptide Biotech Ltd. Gold
- Tel:13082558573 025-58361106-805
- Company Name:Nanjing chengqimei Biotechnology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Hangzhou nuotong biotechnology co. LTD Gold
- Tel: 571-88589737-
- Company Name:Sichuan Jisheng Biopharmaceutical Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18086877136 0833-2598983-