Eptifibatide Chemical Properties
- Density 1.60±0.1 g/cm3(Predicted)
- CAS DataBase Reference188627-80-7
Eptifibatide Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionEptifibatide is a kind of synthetic cyclic hexapeptide consisting of 6 amino acids and 1 mercaptopropionyl residue. It is capable of binding to the platelet receptor glycoprotein (GP) IIb/IIIa of human platelets and inhibiting the platelet aggregation, thus blocking the binding of the fibrinogen, von Willebrand factor and other adhesive ligands. It is indicated for the treatment of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) and Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). It is able to reduce the risk of acute cardiac ischemic events in patients with unstable angina or non-ST segment-elevation myocardial infection. It is often used in combination with aspirin or clopidogrel and heparin. It can be manufactured through solution-phase peptide synthesis, and can be purified by preparative reverse-phase liquid chromatography and lyophilization.
- DescriptionEptifibatide was first launched in the US (1998) as Integrilin for the iv treatment of acute coronary syndrome, in particular for patients at risk for abrupt vessel closure during or after coronary angioplasty. It is a synthetic cyclic heptapeptide based on rattlesnake venom disintegrin peptides and containing the RGD sequence (arginyl-glycyl-aspartyl) involved in the adhesive function of platelets. It can be prepared by classical solid-phase peptide synthesis or by fragment synthesis in solution. Eptifibatide is a reversible antagonist of the glycoprotein llb/llla complex, a specific platelet adhesion receptor that plays a central role in the cascade of thrombus formation by allowing mediators such as fibrinogen or von Willbrand factor to cross-link adjacent platelets and to give rise to aggregation. In diverse animal experimental models of arterial thrombosis, treatment with Eptifibatide resulted in an enhanced lysis of occlusive thrombus and a restoration of arterial blood flow. In clinical trials involving patients with acute coronary syndromes, Eptifibatide demonstrated a significant decrease in the incidence of death or nonfatal myocardial infarction at 30 days. In other trials in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), it showed a positive trend. Eptifibatide has the advantage of being short acting, its antiplatelet effect being rapidly reversible.
- OriginatorCor Therapeutics (US)
- UsesA Arginin-glycin-aspartat-mimetic, reversibly binds to platelets to reduce the risk of cardiac ischemic events.
- DefinitionChEBI: A synthetic homodetic cyclic peptide comprising Nalpha-(3-sulfanylpropanoyl)homoarginyl, glycyl, aspartyl, tryptophyl, prolyl and cysteinamide residues connected in sequence and cyclised via a disulf de bond. Derived from a protein found in the venom of the southeastern pygmy rattlesnake, Sistrurus miliarus barbouri, eptifibatide is an anti-coagulant that inhibits platelet aggregation by selectively blocking the platelet glycoprotein IIb/I Ia receptor, so preventing the binding of fibrinogen, von Willebrand factor, and other adhesive ligands. It is used in the management of unstable angina and in patients undergoing coronary angioplasty and stenting procedures.
- brand nameIntegrilin
- General DescriptionEptifibatide (Integrilin) is a syntheticcyclic heptapeptide that acts as a GPIIb/IIIa receptor antagonist,thus causing inhibition of platelet aggregation. Itsstructure is based on the natural product barbourin, a peptideisolated from the venom of a pygmy rattlesnake (Sistrurusmilarud barbouri). As part of the structure, there is a sequenceRGD that can bind to the RGD receptor found onplatelets and block its ability to bind with fibrinogen. Thisagent is used in the treatment of unstable angina and for angioplasticcoronary interventions.
- Deslorelin Sermorelin Nesiritide acetate Triptorelin acetate Pramlintide acetate H-HIS-ALA-GLU-GLY-THR-PHE-THR-SER-ASP-VAL-SER-SER-TYR-LEU-GLU-GLY-GLN-ALA-ALA-LYS-GLU-PHE-ILE-ALA-TRP-LEU-VAL-LYS-GLY-ARG-GLY-OH Thymalfasin Alteplase Octreotide Tigecycline Ticlopidine Thymopentin Abciximab Thymosin alpha 1 EPTIFIBATIDE ACETATE,Eptifibatide,Human Eptifibatide EPTIFIBATIDE,HUMAN Eptifibatide Malathion
- Company Name:Hangzhou Peptidego Biotech Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Nanjing Pusheng Biomedical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Sichuan Tongsheng Amino acids Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:13908101207 0838-2508248-