Cefazolin sodium salt
Cefazolin sodium salt Chemical Properties
- Melting point:190 °C
- refractive index 20 ° (C=10, H2O)
- storage temp. Keep in dark place,Inert atmosphere,2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 50 mg/mL, clear, colorless
- form crystalline powder
- Sensitive Light Sensitive
- Merck 14,1917
- BRN 3585038
- Stability:Stable, but may be heat sensitive - store in cool conditions. May discolour upon exposure to light - store in the dark. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference27164-46-1(CAS DataBase Reference)
Cefazolin sodium salt Usage And Synthesis
- Brand Name(s) in USAncef, Kefzol, and generic
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to off-white powder
- UsesSemi-synthetic antibiotic derived from 7-amino-cepphalosporanic acid. An antibacterial
- Usesenzyme inhibitor, Gaucher's disease therapy
- UsesSemi-synthetic antibiotic derived from 7-amino-cephalosporanic acid. An antibacterial.
- DefinitionChEBI: A cephalosporin organic sodium salt having [(5-methyl-1,3,4-thiadiazol-2-yl)sulfanyl]methyl and (1H-tetrazol-1-ylacetyl)amino side-groups.
- Manufacturing Process7-Aminocephalosporanic acid is converted to its sodium salt and acylated with 1H-tetrazole-1-acetyl chloride. The acetoxy group is then displaced by reaction with 5-methyl-1,3,4-thiadiazole-2-thiol in buffer solution. The product acid is converted to the sodium salt by NaHCO3.
- brand nameAncef (GlaxoSmithKline); Kefzol (Lilly).
- Therapeutic FunctionAntibacterial
- Clinical UseCefazolin (Ancef, Kefzol) is one of a series of semisyntheticcephalosporins in which the C-3 acetoxy function has beenreplaced by a thiol-containing heterocycle—here, 5-methyl-2-thio-1,3,4-thiadiazole. It also contains the somewhatunusual tetrazolylacetyl acylating group. Cefazolin wasreleased in 1973 as a water-soluble sodium salt. It is activeonly by parenteral administration.
Cefazolin provides higher serum levels, slower renalclearance, and a longer half-life than other first-generationcephalosporins. It is approximately 75% protein bound inplasma, a higher value than for most other cephalosporins.Early in vitro and clinical studies suggest that cefazolin ismore active against Gram-negative bacilli but less activeagainst Gram-positive cocci than either cephalothin orcephaloridine. Occurrence rates of thrombophlebitis followingintravenous injection and pain at the site of intramuscularinjection appear to be the lowest of the parenteralcephalosporins.
- Veterinary Drugs and TreatmentsIn the United States, there are no cefazolin products approved for veterinary species but it has been used clinically in several species when an injectable, first generation cephalosporin is indicated. It is used for surgical prophylaxis, and for variety of systemic infections (including orthopedic, soft tissue, sepsis) caused by susceptible bacteria. Most commonly given every 6 – 8 hours via parenteral routes, cefazolin constant rate intravenous infusion protocols are being developed as cefazolin is a time (above MIC)-dependent antibiotic, and serum/tissue concentrations can remain above MIC.
Cefazolin sodium salt Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Cefazolin oxidation impurities Cefazolin double bond displacement impurity Cefazolin impurity 7/Cefazolin EP Impurity J/2-((2-(1H-tetrazol-1-yl)acetamido)(carboxy)methyl)-5-methylene-5,6-dihydro-2H-1,3-thiazine-4-carboxylic acid Cefazolin Diclofenac sodium Sodium bicarbonate Methyl bromide Acetaminophen Methyl acetate Oxazoline 7-Amino-3-[(5-methyl-1,3,4-thiadiazol-2-ylthio)methyl]-3-cephem-4-carboxylic Acid 2-Acetamidoacrylic acid 1-METHYL-1H-TETRAZOLE sodium Ceftezole sodium 8-CHLOROADENOSINE-3',5'-CYCLIC MONOPHOSPHOROTHIOATE, RP-ISOMER SODIUM SALT ACETAMINOPHENOL BP/USP Methyl
Cefazolin sodium saltSupplierMore
- Company Name:Hubei widely chemical technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18627774460 027-83991130-
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-
- Company Name:3B Pharmachem (Wuhan) International Co.,Ltd.
- Tel:18930552037 821-50328103-801
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390