ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Antineoplastic agents > Tinib Antineoplastic drugs > Imatinib
Basic information Product description Approved indications in Europe, the United States and other countries Precautions Uses Safety Related Supplier
Imatinib Chemical Properties
- Melting point:208-210°C (dec.)
- Density 1?+-.0.06 g/cm3(Predicted)
- storage temp. Refrigerator
- pkapKa1 8.07; pKa2 3.73; pKa3 2.56; pKa4 1.52(at 25℃)
- Merck 14,4902
- CAS DataBase Reference152459-95-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- RTECS CV5585673
- HS Code 29339900
Imatinib Usage And Synthesis
- Product descriptionImatinib is a kind of oral drugs used for the treatment of the chronic myelogenous leukemia (abbreviated CML) of positive symptoms of Philadelphia chromosome (Ber-Abl). It is suitable for being applied to adult patients in acute transformation phase, accelerated phase, and chronic phase with treatment failure with interferon.
CML is a kind of hematopoietic stem cell disease caused by the DNA abnormalities in the bone marrow stem cells. DNA abnormalities will produce abnormal proteins and interfere with the normal generation process of the white blood cells in the bone marrow, resulting in the sharp increase in the number of white blood cells. CML is divided into three phases including chronic phase, accelerated phase and crisis phase with the average survival period of the patients in crisis phase being only 2-3 months.
Imatinib is also effective in treating the gastrointestinal stromal tumor with the efficiency being about 50%.
- Approved indications in Europe, the United States and other countriesNovartis's imatinib (imatinib, Glivec) had been approved in Switzerland for being used as first-line drug for the treatment of early-stage adult chronic myelogenous leukemia and can also be applied to patients with various types of chronic granulocytic leukemia. Switzerland is the first countries which had approved to additionally include the above two indications of this drug.
On July 28, 2006, the European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products (EMEA) had recommended the imatinib (Gleevec) of the Novartis Company for the treatment of two new indications-dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP) and Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph + ALL). These final approvals of these two indications still need to wait the decision of the European Food and Drug Administration.
In addition, Novartis has announced that the application of imatinib in treating hypereosinophilic syndrome and systemic mastocytosis is still in the approval process of FDA and EMEA.
The drug has currently been approved in Europe, the United States and other countries for the treatment of Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph + CML) and gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
The above information is edited by the Chemicalbook of Dai Xiongfeng.
- PrecautionsWhen combined with Ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, the Cmax of this drug can (the maximum plasma concentration after the first drug administration) be increased by an average of 26% with the AUC being increased by 40%.
The inducers of the metabolizing enzyme of hepatic drugs such as dexamethasone, phenytoin, carbamazepine, rifampicin and barbiturates can significantly reduce blood concentration of the drug.
When the CYP3A4 metabolized substrates such as simvastatin, cyclosporine, pimozide, etc. were used in combined with imatinib, the plasma concentration of those drugs can be increased due to its competing with the drug enzyme.
- UsesImatinib can be used for the treatment of the chronic myelogenous leukemia (abbreviated CML) of positive symptoms of Philadelphia chromosome (Ber-Abl). It is suitable for being applied to adult patients in acute transformation phase, accelerated phase, and chronic phase with treatment failure with interferon.
- Chemical PropertiesOrange Solid
- UsesImatinib Mesylate is orally bioavailability mesylate salt of Imatinib, which is a multi-target inhibitor of v-Abl, c-Kit and PDGFR with IC50 of 0.6 μM, 0.1 μM and 0.1 μM, respectively. Imatinib also known as Gleevec, Glivec, CGP-57148B, STI-571 & Imatinib
- Usesatypical antipsychotic
- UsesImatinib impurity.
- IndicationsBcr-Abl inhibitor imatinib (Gleevec(R), Novartis) was approved in 2001 by the FDA. Although fasudil was approved in 1995, imatinib is widely perceived as the first approved SMKI mainly owing to the fact that fasudil's kinase inhibitory mechanism was unknown at the time of approval, and efforts to gain approval of fasudil have been unsuccessful in the United States and Europe.
The field of kinase inhibitor development has evolved rapidly since the approval of imatinib. Some of the key discoveries and events include (i) the discovery of MAPK/ERK inhibitors, for example, CI-1040 (PD184352), as the first series of type III inhibitors in 2003; (ii) the approval of first dual tyrosine kinase and serine/threonine kinase inhibitor sorafenib in 2005; (iii) the description of the first series of allosteric type IVkinase inhibitor, that is,GNF-2 and analogues that inhibit Bcr–Abl through an allosteric non-ATP-competitivemode, by Gray and coworkers in 2006; (iv) the approval of the first type III inhibitor trametinib in 2013; (v) the approval of the first covalent kinase inhibitors, afatinib and ibrutinib, in 2013; and (vi) the approval of the first lipid kinase inhibitor, that is, the PI3K inhibitor idelalisib, in 2014.
By December 2016, kinase inhibitor drug discovery can leverage the structures of over 200 human kinases and 5000 kinases of all types, over 1 million publications, clinical data from more than 200 molecules currently in phase I–III trials, and post-marketing results from the approved 38 drugs.
- IndicationsImantinib mesylate (Gleevec) is a rationally designed inhibitor of the tumor-specific bcr-abl kinase. The Philadelphia chromosome, present in nearly all patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML), is produced by a chromosomal rearrangement linking the bcr and the abl genes. The bcr-able kinase is therefore a unique drug target in leukemic cells, and imantinib selectively and potently inhibits this kinase. Remissions in CML patients are achieved with high frequency and very low toxicity, and this compound may become a front-line agent for treating this cancer. Unfortunately, drug resistance has already been observed in the clinic as a result of mutations in the bcr-abl kinase, and this magic bullet does not appear to be curative for CML patients. Extension of the use of imantinib to other tumor types with overexpression of c-kit kinase or platelet-derived growth factor kinase is undergoing development because of its observed activity against these kinases.
- Company Name:Guangzhou Isun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18927568969 020-39119399-
- Company Name:AnHui HaiKang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Jinan Xinzheng Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18615218958 0531-88798968
- Company Name:Wuhan Fortuna Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:13308628970 027-59207852-
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）