Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid tetrasodium salt
- storage temp. Inert atmosphere,Room Temperature
- solubility H2O: 0.1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form Solid
- color White crystalline
- Water Solubility almost transparency
- CAS DataBase Reference13235-36-4(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemTetrasodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate tetrahydrate (13235-36-4)
- DescriptionEthylenediaminetetraacetic acid tetrasodium salt (also named as sodium edetate) can be formed by reacting a basic solution of ethylenediamine with formaldehyde and sodium or hydrogen cyanide, followed by hydrolysis to form the salt. It can also be produced by using excess sodium hydroxide in the reaction.1 In medicine, sodium edetate is used a s chelating agent to remove heavy metal, such as lead or mercury, from the blood. It is used to lower blood levels of calcium, to control heart rhythm disturbances cased by a heart medication.2 In food industry, it is used as an additive in flume water for washing fruits and vegetables. In industry, it is used in the formulations of anti-adhesive agents, corrosion inhibitors, anti-scaling agents, lubricant additives, surface active agents, etc.3,4 It is also used in photo-chemicals, textile treatment products and dyes, biocides (e.g. disinfectants, pest control products) and polishes and waxes.5
- UsesEthylenediaminetetraacetic Acid Tetrasodium Salt is a chelator used to eliminate inhibition of enzyme catalyzed reactions. It can be used as reactant/reagent for green preparation of O-allylhydroxylamines via organocatalytic oxidation of tertiary allylic amines followed by a [2,3]-Meisenheimer rearrangement.
- Properties and Applications
White crystal powder
Chloride (Cl - )
Sulfate(SO4 2- )
220mg CaCO3/g min
- Company Name:Shanghai Guanghua Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- Tel:021-67121386 / 800-988-0390
- Company Name:BeiJing Hwrk Chemicals Limted
- Tel:18516978288 0757-86329057-
- Company Name:Energy Chemical
- Tel:400-005-6266 021-58432009-