ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Organic Chemistry > Organometallic compounds > Organosodium > Sodium tetraphenylboron
Sodium tetraphenylboron Chemical Properties
- Melting point:300 °C
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility relatively well soluble in water. A 0.1 M aqueous solution is generally used as reagent.
- form Solid
- color White
- PH8 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
- Water Solubility SOLUBLE
- Sensitive Light Sensitive
- Merck 14,8690
- BRN 3599783
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong acids, strong oxidizing agents. Light sensitive.
- CAS DataBase Reference143-66-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemBorate(1-), tetraphenyl-, sodium (143-66-8)
Sodium tetraphenylboron Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical Propertieswhite powder
- UsesSodium Tetraphenylboroate is a salt that is commonly used in inorganic and organometallic chemistry as a precipitating agent. Sodium Tetraphenylboroate is also utilized for the preparation of N-acylam monium salts and in coordination chemistry due to their favourable solubility in nonpolar sovlents and their crystallinity.
- UsesDetermination of potassium, ammonium, rubidium, and cesium.
- UsesAs reagent for determination of potassium, ammonium, rubidium and cesium ions: Barnard, Buechl, Chemist-Analyst 48, 44, 49 (1959); Montequi, Serrano, An. R. Acad. Farm. 26, 107 (1960).
- General DescriptionSodium tetraphenylborate (Ph4BNa) undergoes rhodium-catalyzed addition reactions with N-phenylsulfonyl aldimines to afford R(Ph)CHNHSO2Ph.
- Purification MethodsDissolve the borate in dry MeOH and add dry Et2O. Collect the solid and dry it in a vacuum at 80o/2mm for 4hours. It can also be extracted (Soxhlet) using CHCl3, and it crystallises from CHCl3 as snow-white needles. It is freely soluble in H2O, Me2CO but insoluble in pet ether and Et2O. An aqueous solution has pH 5 and can be stored for days at 25 or lower, and for 5 days at 45o without deterioration. Its solubility in polar solvents increases with decrease in temperature [Wittig & Raff Justus Liebigs Ann Chem 573 204 1950]. The salt can also be recrystallised from acetone/hexane or CHCl3, or from Et2O/cyclohexane (3:2) by warming the solution to precipitate the compound. Dry it in a vacuum at 80o. It dissolves in Me2CO at 50-60o to give a clear solution. After standing at this temperature for 10minutes the mixture is filtered rapidly through a pre-heated Büchner funnel, cooled and the crystals are collected and dried in a vacuum desiccator at room temperature for 3days [Abraham et al. J Chem Soc, Faraday Trans 1 80 489 1984]. If the product gives a turbid aqueous solution, the turbidity can be removed by treating with freshly prepared alumina gel and filtering. [Beilstein 16 IV 1624.]
Sodium tetraphenylboron Preparation Products And Raw materials
Sodium benzoate Sodium borohydride Sodium sulfate Sodium chloride Sodium tetraphenylboron Sodium citrate Sodium chlorite SODIUM TETRAKIS(4-FLUOROPHENYL)BORATE TETRAPHENYLBORATE N,N-Dimethyl-N-2-propenyl-2-propen-1-aminium reaction products with sodium tetraphenylborate(1-) SODIUM TETRAPHENYLBORATE, ACS REAGENT sodium Ulexite HFPB SODIUM TETRAKIS(4-FLUOROPHENYL)BORATE SODIUM TETRA(P-TOLYL)BORATE Sodium tetrakis[3,5-bis(trifluoromethyl)phenyl]borate Sodium triacetoxyborohydride
- Company Name:Wuhan Hongde Yuexin Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:15377551550 027-83850058-
- Company Name:Jinan Finer Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai Boyle Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tel:Mr Qiu:021-50182298(Demestic market) Miss Xu：021-50180596（Abroad market）
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tel:400-660-8290 21-61259100-