ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > API > Anesthetic Agents > Skeletal muscle relaxants > Mivacurium chloride
Mivacurium chloride Chemical Properties
- alpha 20D -62.7° (c = 1.9 in water)
- storage temp. Hygroscopic, -20°C Freezer, Under Inert Atmosphere
Mivacurium chloride Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionMivacurium chloride,a mixture of three stereoisomers, is an intravenously administered, short-acting skeletal muscle relaxant introduced as an adjunct to general anesthesia. Structurally mivacurium chloride is closely related to doxacurium chloride introduced in 1991 by Wellcome as a muscle relaxant. It is a nondepolarizing neuromuscular blocking agent reportedly with a shorter duration of action and a more rapid rate of spontaneous recovery than other nondepolarizing agents. In extensive clinical trials mivacurium chloride was well tolerated with few side effects.
- Chemical PropertiesOff-White Solid
- OriginatorWellcome (United Kingdom)
- UsesNon-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agent. Muscle relaxant (skeletal)
- brand nameMivacron (Abbott).
- Biological FunctionsMivacurium chloride (Mivacron) is a newer agent that is chemically related to atracurium. The primary mechanism of inactivation is hydrolysis by plasma cholinesterase. Although it is useful for patients with renal or hepatic disease, some caution is warranted, since these individuals may have reduced plasma cholinesterase as a result of the disease.Mivacurium has an onset of action (1.8 minutes) and duration of effect (20 minutes) only twice that of succinylcholine, and in this respect, it is the most similar to succinylcholine of all of the nondepolarizing agents.
- General DescriptionMivacurium chloride, 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-2-(3-hydroxypropyl)-6,7-dimethoxy-2-methyl-1-(3,4,5-trimethoxybenzyl)isoquinolinium chloride, (E)-4-octandioate (Mivacron), is a mixture of three stereoisomers,the trans-trans, cis-trans, and cis-cis diesters, each ofwhich has neuromuscular blocking properties. The cis-cisisomer is about one tenth as potent as the other isomers.Mivacurium chloride is a short-acting nondepolarizing drugused as an adjunct to anesthesia to relax skeletal muscle.The drug is hydrolyzed by plasma esterases, and it is likelythat anticholinesterase agents used as antidotes could prolongrather than reverse the effects of the drug.
Mivacurium chloride Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Dequalinium chloride CHLORIDE STANDARD Thionyl chloride 3,5-DIMETHOXY-4-HYDROXYPHENETHYLAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 3,4,5-TRIMETHOXYPHENETHYLAMINE, HYDROCHLORIDE 3-[2-(PHENETHYL-PROPYL-AMINO)-ETHYL]-PHENOL HYDROCHLORIDE CHEMBRDG-BB 4004360 DL-LAUDANOSINE (R)-(+)-Tetrahydropapaverine (R)-1-(3-Methoxyphenyl)ethylamine 1,2-DIMETHYL-6,7-DIMETHOXY-1,2,3,4-TETRAHYDROISOQUINOLINE HYDROCHLORIDE TRETOQUINOL 3-(3,4-DIHYDROISOQUINOLIN-2(1H)-YL)PROPAN-1-OL 1-BENZYL-6,7-DIMETHOXY-1,2,3,4-TETRAHYDROISOQUINOLINE HYDROCHLORIDE (E)-Oct-4-ene-1,8-dioic acid combretastatin B-3 3,5-Dimethoxy-alpha-methylphenethylamine hydrochloride Mivacurium chloride
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:JinYan Chemicals(ShangHai) Co.,Ltd.
- Company Name:Pure Chemistry Scientific Inc.
- Tel:001-857-928-2050 or 1-888-588-9418
- Company Name:LGM Pharma
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.