Diprophylline Chemical Properties
- Melting point:161-162 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:397.46°C (rough estimate)
- Density 1.3036 (rough estimate)
- refractive index 1.6200 (estimate)
- storage temp. Hygroscopic, Refrigerator, Under Inert Atmosphere
- solubility Freely soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol (96 per cent).
- form Powder
- color White
- Water Solubility 33 g/100 mL (25 ºC)
- Merck 14,3479
- BRN 284563
- CAS DataBase Reference479-18-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry ReferenceDyphylline(479-18-5)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemDyphylline (479-18-5)
Diprophylline Usage And Synthesis
- DescriptionDyphylline is the N-7 dihydroxypropyl derivative of theophylline and is not a theophylline salt. Dyphylline does not get metabolized to theophylline in vivo, and even though it contains 70% theophylline by molecular weight ratio, the equivalent amount to theophylline is not known. Dosing must be accomplished independently by monitoring dyphylline blood levels. Dyphylline has a diminished bronchodilator effect compared to theophylline, but it may have lower and less serious side effects. Dosage forms available are an elixir and tablets.
- Chemical Propertieswhite to light yellow crystal powder
- UsesPDE inhibitor, bronchodilator, vasodilator
- DefinitionChEBI: An oxopurine that is theophylline bearing a 2,3-dihydroxypropyl group at the 7 position. It has broncho- and vasodilator properties, and is used in the treatment of asthma, cardiac dyspnea, and bronchitis. It is also an ingredient in preparations that have been promoted for coughs.
- Manufacturing Process180 grams of theophylline is dissolved in 500 cc of boiling water. To this
solution is added 40 grams of sodium hydroxide or 56 grams of potassium
hydroxide slowly and with constant stirring.
When solution is complete, 120 grams of 1-chloro-2,3-dihydroxypropane is slowly added. The thus provided mixture is brought to boiling and heating is continued until a temperature of 110°C is reached.
The resultant liquid is evaporated under reduced pressure to remove all traces of water. The resulting syrupy liquid is allowed to stand with occasional stirring until crystallization takes place. The compound is purified by recrystallization from alcohol. The product melts at 155°-157°C.
- brand nameDilor (Savage); Lufyllin (Medpointe); Neothylline (Teva).
- Therapeutic FunctionSmooth muscle relaxant
Diprophylline Preparation Products And Raw materials
- Theophylline N,N-Dimethylaniline Dimethyl ether ETHANE 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose PROXYPHYLLINE Poly(dimethylsiloxane) DMC N,N-Dimethylformamide Hydroxypropyl cellulose Dimethyl fumarate Dichlorodimethylsilane Dacthal 1,3-Dihydroxyacetone Hydroxypropyl acrylate Purine Dimethyl sulfoxide
- Company Name:J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.
- Tel:400-666-7788 010-82848833-
- Company Name:TAIYUAN RHF CO.,LTD.
- Tel:+86 351 7031519
- Company Name:Capot Chemical Co., Ltd
- Tel:+86 (0) 571 85 58 67 18
- Company Name:Adamas Reagent, Ltd.
- Company Name:Chemsky（shanghai）International Co.,Ltd.