ChemicalBook > Product Catalog > Biochemical Engineering > Saccharides > Polysaccharide > 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin
2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin Chemical Properties
- Melting point:278 °C (dec.)
- refractive index 125 ° (C=1, H2O)
- storage temp. 2-8°C
- solubility H2O: 45 % (w/v)
- form solution (clear, colorless)
- color White to slightly yellow
- optical activity[α]26/D +139°, c = 1 in H2O
- Water Solubility Soluble in water.
- EPA Substance Registry System.beta.-Cyclodextrin, 2-hydroxypropyl ethers (128446-35-5)
- Safety Statements 24/25
- WGK Germany 3
- RTECS GU2293332
- TSCA Yes
- HS Code 29400090
2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin Usage And Synthesis
- Chemical PropertiesWhite to slightly yellow powder
- Chemical PropertiesHydroxypropyl betadex occurs as a white or almost white, amorphous or crystalline powder.
- Uses2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin (HBC) is a widely used modified cyclodextrin, the lipophilic cavity formed by 7 glucose units. Drug solubility in water is greatly enhanced by complexing with 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin.
- Usesenteric coating, sustained release formulations, buccal and transdermal drug delivery
- Uses2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin can be used as selective estrogen receptor modulator for the prevention of osteoporosis
- Production MethodsHydroxypropyl betadex is prepared by the treatment of an alkaline solution of b-cyclodextrin with propylene oxide. The substitution pattern can be influenced by varying the pH. Formation of O-6 and O-2 substituted products is favored by high and low alkali concentration, respectively. The mixture of products produced may be refined by preparative chromatography.
- Pharmaceutical ApplicationsHydroxypropyl betadex has been widely investigated in pharmaceutics
and has principally been used as a solubilizer for
hydrophobic molecules in oral liquids,oral solids, parenterals,
pressurized metered dose inhalers, dry powder inhalers,
and topical formulations. It has also been shown to act as a
stabilizer during processing and storage of formulations.
Hydroxypropyl betadex inclusion complexes have been reported to show mechanical properties distinct from the pure materials. The reported advantage of hydroxypropyl betadex over unsubstituted b-cyclodextrin is its greater water solubility.
- SafetyThe pharmaceutical toxicology of hydroxypropyl betadex has been reviewed, and in general, the material was found to be of low toxicity. It has been suggested that hydroxypropyl betadex may have a synergistic toxic effect with, for example, carcinogens, by increasing their solubility and thus bioavailability.
- storageStore in well-closed containers.
- Regulatory StatusIncluded in oral and parenteral medicinal products. Included in an injectable preparation licensed in the UK for intramuscular or intravenous administration.
- BETA-CYCLODEXTRIN CINNARIZINE HYDROXYPROPYL-BETA-CYCLODEXTRIN COMPLEX CNQX:2-HYDROXYPROPYL-BETA-CYCLODEXTRIN HYDROXYPROPYL-BETA-CYCLODEXTRIN 1,2-O-(2,2,2-TRICHLOROETHYLIDENE)-ALPHA-D-GLUCOFURANOSE: 2-HYDROXYPROPYL-BETA-CYCLODEXTRIN COMPLEX (2-HYDROXYPROPYL)-BETA-CYCLODEXTRIN propofol hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin 2-HYDROXYPROPYL-BETA-CYCLODEXTRIN SUCCINATE CARBAMAZEPINE-2-HYDROXYPROPYL-BETA-CYCLODEXTRIN COMPLEX SUCCINYL-(2-HYDROXYPROPYL)-BETA-CYCLODEXTRIN .alpha.-D-Arabinopyranoside, methyl D-(+)-DIGITOXOSE 6-Deoxy-L-glucose L-SORBITOL METHYL-Β-D-ARABINO- PYRANOSIDE 2-Hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin 1,5-ANHYDRO-L-GLUCITOL D(-)-Arabinose
- Company Name:ShangHai YuanYe Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:15800763013 021-61312847-
- Company Name:Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp. Gold
- Company Name:Shandong Zhiyuan Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Beijing Anruiqi Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18618313080 010-5710845-
- Company Name:Shanghai Macklin Biochemical Co.,Ltd. Gold