- Melting point:46 °C
- Density 1.033 g/mL at 20 °C
- vapor pressure 0.02 hPa (20 °C)
- RTECS MC0598960
- Flash point:267℃
- storage temp. room temp
- solubility H2O: 1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- form Powder
- color White
- Specific Gravity1.03 (20/4℃)
- PH7.0-9.0 (25℃, 1M in H2O)
- Water Solubility Soluble in water (293 g/L).
- Sensitive Hygroscopic
- λmaxλ: 260 nm Amax: 0.2
λ: 280 nm Amax: 0.06
- Merck 14,4368
- BRN 5322974
- Stability:Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference137-16-6(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry SystemSodium N-lauroylsarcosinate (137-16-6)
Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate (INCI), also known as sarkosyl, is a white powder derived from sarcosine, which make it is fate-free and biodegradable. The surfactant is amphiphilic due to the hydrophobic 12-carbon chain (lauroyl) and the hydrophilic carboxylate.
Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate is personal care products as well as in household and industrial applications, and it is used as a co-surfactant in cleanser formulations such as shampoos and body washes. It can also be used in oral care applications such as toothpastes and incorporated into syndet and combo bars. The typical usage levels range from 1-5% on an active basis.
Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate (INCI) is mild, biodegradable anionic surfactants derived from sarcosine used as a foaming and cleansing agent in shampoo, shaving foam, toothpaste, and foam wash products. The surfactant is amphiphilic due to the hydrophobic 12-carbon chain (lauroyl) and the hydrophilic carboxylate.
Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate is a high foam, eco-friendly surfactant. It has good chlorine stability with anti-corrosion properties. This surfactant has excellent ocular tolerance and gentleness. Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate is often seen in shampoos, bath, cleansing and shaving products as a foaming agent, surfactant, and hair conditioning agent. Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate has the ability to enhance the appearance and feel of hair by improving body, suppleness and sheen, especially in hair that is chemically damaged. This ingredient also serves to clean skin and hair by mixing with oil and dirt and enabling them to be rinsed away. As a modified fatty acid, it is thought to be more soluble, and have increased crystallinity and acidity compared to its original fatty acid composition.
- Chemical Propertieswhite powder
- UsesDetergent, foaming agent, antienzyme for dentifrices: King, US 2689170 (1954 to Colgate-Palmolive).
- 1-DODECANESULFONIC ACID SODIUM SALT Sodium dodecylbenzenesulphonate Sodium dodecyl sulfate LITHIUM DODECYL SULFATE Alpha olefins LAURAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE Betaine 3-OCTYLHEPTAMETHYLTRISILOXANE Dodecanamide Emulsified silicone oil Ceramides Tween 80 Sarcosine Creatine Sodium sarcosinate N-LAUROYLSARCOSINE 5-BETA-CHOLANIC ACID-3-ALPHA, 7-ALPHA, 12-ALPHA-TRIOL SARCOSINE SODIUM SALT Sodium 1-palmitoyl-L-prolinate
- Company Name:Wuhan Permanent-Rich Technology Co.,LTD Gold
- Company Name:Shanghai GAOXIANG Chemical Co., Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18930243658 021-57816257-
- Company Name:Hefei Bomei Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Gold
- Company Name:Wuhan Huajiu Pharmaceutical Technology Co.,Ltd. Gold
- Tel:18062681621 027-59225746-
- Company Name:Hubei Xinkang Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd Gold
- Tel:18871579363 027-59308705-
- Dec 26，2019